Digital TV News: Steve McCaffery
ARRIS extends growth with customer wins in APAC
Oct 23, 2018 – ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced two high-profile customer wins – Foxtel (Australia) and SK Broadband (Korea)– showcasing continued international momentum for its expanded portfolio.
News categories: ARRIS International, Foxtel, SK Broadband, Steve McCaffery, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Satellite, Set Top Box
ARRIS announcing additional customer wins at IBC
Sep 13, 2018 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced a number of customer wins from around the world. Recent wins with HBO Latin America, Liberty Global in Germany, Sky Italia and Stofa in Denmark underscore ARRIS's international leadership.
News categories: ARRIS International, Steve McCaffery, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intigral chooses ARRIS STBs for Jawwy TV home entertainment service
Jun 12, 2018 – Saudi Telecom subsidiary, Intigral, has chosen ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to provide products and services for its first digital entertainment offering, Jawwy TV, in Saudi Arabia. ARRIS's VIP4302W OTT set-top will power the service.
News categories: ARRIS International, Intigral, Steve McCaffery, Hamoud Al Rumayan, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Portugal Telecom selects ARRIS STBs for MEO 4K service
Sep 9, 2016 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Portugal Telecom has selected the ARRIS VIP5662EW Ultra-HD set-top for its recently launched MEO 4K service in Portugal. The VIP5662EW, known as the MEOBox4k for MEO customers, is an HEVC IP set-top.
News categories: ARRIS International, Portugal Telecom, Steve McCaffery, Luis Nascimento, Digital TV, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Telefónica selects ARRIS as set-top box strategic partner
Sep 9, 2016 – Telefónica has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to develop a comprehensive range of new set-tops. The new platform follows a modular approach that leverages Telefónica's scale to deliver video services to its subscribers.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telefónica, Steve McCaffery, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
Intigral selects ARRIS wireless HEVC STBs in the Middle-East
Sep 8, 2016 – Intigral has selected ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to support the deployment of a new video delivery service. ARRIS was selected following a market evaluation of its VIP4302W set-tops, including the KreaTV OS and services.
News categories: ARRIS, Intigral, IPTV, Middle-East, Middleware, Set Top Box
Portugal's NOS partners with ARRIS for new 4K STB
Jun 7, 2016 – NOS, Portugal's broadband and TV service provider, has selected the ZD4500 set-top from ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) for its new, immersive 4K service.
News categories: ARRIS, NOS, Steve McCaffery, Pedro Bandeira, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, RDK, Set Top Box
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs