Digital TV News: Steve Oetegenn
Aire Networks adds forensic watermarking from Verimatrix
Feb 27, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that Spanish network operator Aire Networks has extended its investment in its Video Content Authority System framework to maximize security for the TV Everywhere streaming offered by its Perseo TV premium OTT services.
News categories: Verimatrix, Aire Networks, Steve Oetegenn, Manuel Monserrate, Digital TV, MWC19, Spain, TV Everywhere, Watermarking
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
Verimatrix selected as Multi-DRM provider for Minerva's Your TV Now
Nov 6, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that its MultiRights OTT solution has been deployed to secure the Your TV Now service from Minerva Networks. Hosted via the Verimatrix Secure Cloud, MultiRights OTT harmonizes multiple DRMs via a common platform.
News categories: Verimatrix, Minerva Networks, Steve Oetegenn, Mauro Bonomi, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
1+1 Media selects Verimatrix for DVB-S security in Ukraine
Sep 13, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that 1+1 Media, one of the largest media holdings in Ukraine, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB to secure its digital satellite (DVB-S) network.
News categories: Verimatrix, 1+1 Media, Steve Oetegenn, Pakholchuk Yaroslav, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Ukraine
NetSat deploys VCAS for DVB to secure Pakistan's Dawn News TV
Sep 12, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Pakistan's NetSat has deployed the Verimatrix' VCAS for DVB. The VCAS architecture specifically benefits the local Dawn News TV channel as it transitions from analog to encrypted digital free-to-air video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, NetSat, Steve Oetegenn, Syed Rafi Uddin Faisal, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC, Pakistan, Satellite
Com Hem upgrades Verimatrix protection for Android TV deployment
Sep 4, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Com Hem has upgraded to VCAS Ultra to provide pay-TV security for a new deployment. Built on the Android N (Nougat) operating system, a new STB is being rolled out to Com Hem's 1.4 million subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Steve Oetegenn, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
MYBOX taps Verimatrix for DVB cardless security
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that MYBOX has integrated its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB into its newest line of digital set-top boxes (STBs). The solution packages locally-manufactured STB hardware with advanced conditional access.
News categories: Verimatrix, MYBOX, Steve Oetegenn, Amit Kharabhanda, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH