Digital TV News: Strim
Norway's Strim to launch Smart TV apps with Norigin Media
Apr 28, 2020 – Strim, one of the newest streaming services in Norway, owned by TV distributor RiksTV, has chosen Norigin Media to build its new TV Apps on Smart TVs. With this agreement, Strim will expand its streaming service onto large screens.
News categories: Norigin Media, RiksTV, Strim, Ajey Anand, Jérôme Franck-Sætervoll, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV
Venezuela ends Q1 2011 with 2.57 million Pay TV subscribers
May 19, 2011 – According to statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the first quarter of 2011 were 2.57 million, up from 2.42 million at the end of the same quarter of 2010.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
Venezuela ends 2010 with 2.5 million Pay TV subscribers
Mar 10, 2011 – According to statistics published by its Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL), pay TV subscriptions in Venezuela at the end of the 2010 were 2.53 million, up from 2.19 million at the end of 2009. Household penetration reached 36.7%.
News categories: CONATEL, Cable TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Venezuela
7 Out of 10 People who Own a DVR Say They Can't Live Without It According to NDS Survey
Sep 3, 2008 – More than 70% of DVR owners say that they cannot live without their DVR, according to a survey commissioned by NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS). Consumers in the UK, US, Italy and Australia were questioned using a mix of phone, street and online interviews.
News categories: NDS Group, Consumer Analysis Group, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, Italy, Market Research, Middleware, UK, USA
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region