Digital TV News: Stuart Thomson
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based UHD/4K HEVC SmartSTB at IBC
Sep 1, 2015 – ABOX42 will unveil its Broadcom-based M40 Smart STB platform at IBC. The M40 is based on ABOX42's SmartSDK middleware which provides an HTML5 browser-based user interface and support for application environments such as HbbTV.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, Matthias Greve, Stuart Thomson, Digital TV, HTML5, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ABOX42 announces Smart STB with 4K UHD and H.265/HEVC support
Mar 14, 2014 – ABOX42 has announced its X-Series Smart STB Platform based on Broadcom's BCM7251 multi-HD/Ultra HD IP system-on-chip. The X-Series will provide high end functionality for IPTV and OTT DVB services.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, Stuart Thomson, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Video Exchange, Worldwide
ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based 'M20' smart set-top box at IBC 2013
Sep 10, 2013 – ABOX42 has announced that it will showcase its new 'M20' IPTV and OTT Smart STB at IBC 2013. The M20 is powered by Broadcom's BCM7241 HD IP STB SoC and delivers a full suite of internet-based frameworks and applications.
News categories: ABOX42, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Civolution and Broadcom make Automatic Advertisement Recognition available for Set-top Boxes
Apr 9, 2013 – Civolution has announced the integration of its Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology with STB chipsets from Broadcom. ACR includes, for example, the automatic recognition of broadcast advertisements, thereby enabling companies to trigger synchronized and interactive calls-to-action on the TV screen.
News categories: Civolution, Broadcom, Content Identification, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ABOX42 Unveils Broadcom-powered 'M12' High End IP STB at IBC 2012
Sep 6, 2012 – ABOX42 has announced its 'M12' IPTV and OTT set top box. The M12 enables service providers to deliver IP-based TV content and services and is powered by Broadcom's (Nasdaq: BRCM) BCM7231 IP STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, IBCShowcase, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom Demonstrates Connected Digital Television Platform
Jan 6, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that it is demonstrating a digital television (DTV) design platform that enables connection to the web and home network, allowing consumers to access their personal videos, photos and music from their television.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2021, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom's Digital Television SoC Selected by Syntax-Brillian for New Line of Affordable High Definition Olevia LCD Televisions
Dec 19, 2007 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its digital TV (DTV) system-on-a-chip (SoC) technology has been selected by Syntax-Brillian Corporation for use in its newest Olevia™ 2T Series of LCD high definition televisions (HDTVs).
News categories: Broadcom, Syntax-Brillian, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Broadcom and RaisingSun Collaborate to Deliver Industry's First Digital TV Solution for China's Television Market
Nov 28, 2007 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a collaboration with RaisingSun Digital Video Technology Company of Shanghai, China, that provides the industry's first complete digital television (DTV) solution for China's television market.
News categories: Broadcom, iTVware, ATSC 3, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Broadcom System-on-a-Chip Included in Haier Large LCD HDTVs
Jan 9, 2007 – Broadcom Corporation (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its BCM3551 digital TV system-on-a-chip (SoC) is now featured within the Haier Group's family of liquid crystal display (LCD) high definition televisions (HDTVs).
News categories: Broadcom, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5