Digital TV News: Sue Couto
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019