Digital TV News: Sumavision
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Worldwide
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Coax, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Market Research, Subscribers
Sumavision wins Tianjin cable TV conditional access contract
Aug 20, 2010 – Sumavision has won the contract to provide conditional access (CA) for the cable TV service of the Tianjin Broadcast and TV Network.
News categories: Sumavision, Tianjin Cable, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access
China DTV Subscribers Reached 45.1 mln in Q4 2008
Feb 19, 2009 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q4 2008, that China DTV subscribers has reached 45.1 million in the last quarter of 2008, and representing a increase of 13.5% quarter on quarter.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Analysys International Says China DTV Subscribers Reached 30 mln in Q1 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q1 2008, that China DTV subscribers have reached 30.04 million increasing 22% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter of 2008.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research
- Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
- Sky Q goes on sale in the UK and Ireland
- Com Hem adds 4,000 digital TV subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Recommendation-driven guides to drive 75% of TV viewing
- EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
- Russia's NTV-Plus to move completely to MPEG-4
- SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
- HIGH TV 4K launches in India on digital TV platforms
- Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2015
- 81% of US households have a DVR, Netflix, or use VOD
- Spain's Pay TV subscribers down 44,000 in 2Q 2015
- MyLiveGuard connected home service added to NetRange Portal
- Huawei, Expway partner for video quality standardisation
- Videocon d2h launches connected set-top box
- Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
- Bang & Olufsen launches BeoLink SmartHome
- STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
- Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
- Charter adds 29,000 residential video customers in 4Q 2015
- Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes