Digital TV News: Sumavision
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Coax, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Market Research, Subscribers
Sumavision wins Tianjin cable TV conditional access contract
Aug 20, 2010 – Sumavision has won the contract to provide conditional access (CA) for the cable TV service of the Tianjin Broadcast and TV Network.
News categories: Sumavision, Tianjin Cable, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access
China DTV Subscribers Reached 45.1 mln in Q4 2008
Feb 19, 2009 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q4 2008, that China DTV subscribers has reached 45.1 million in the last quarter of 2008, and representing a increase of 13.5% quarter on quarter.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Analysys International Says China DTV Subscribers Reached 30 mln in Q1 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q1 2008, that China DTV subscribers have reached 30.04 million increasing 22% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter of 2008.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research
China - Cable DTV Achieves Rapid Development in 2007
Apr 11, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235) has released the 2007-2008 China's DTV Industry Annual Report. In 2007, there were 13.052 million new DTV subscribers, increasing the quantity of China's DTV subscribers to 27.186 million.
News categories: CCID Consulting, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
- 724 FTA satellite channels target the Arab region
- High-end gateways and STBs crowding out broadband routers
- Poland's nc+ goes live with ADB Wi-Fi satellite STB
- Digital UK awards contracts to build Freeview connected TV service
- Antik Telecom hybrid satellite TV service to commence in 1Q 2015
- Global TV shipments rebound in 3Q 2014
- 100 million with Fiber-to-the-Home in Asia-Pacific
- European OTT market to experience rapid growth by 2017
- DOCSIS channel shipments up 95% YoY in 3Q 2014
- Inca Networks powers Hamilton Telecommunications IPTV service
- UltraFlix 4K streaming launches on Samsung UHD TVs
- South Indian MSOs to form Federation
- Cable loses market share as Dutch turn to IPTV
- ITU approves H.265/HEVC second edition standard
- EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
- ChungHwa Telecom planning OTT version of its MOD TV service
- Video traffic expected to reach 65% of mobile data within 5 years
- Giraffic announces MPEG-DASH client trials
- Zenterio integrates Ekioh HTML5 browser
- Amazon Instant Video grows internet traffic share in the U.S.