Digital TV News: Sumavision
Cable broadband equipment market off to mixed start in 2015
Jun 10, 2015 – As MSOs continued major upgrades to their broadband networks, cable DOCSIS channel shipments grew to 1.8 million in the first quarter of 2015, a 14 percent sequential increase, and a gain of 48 percent from the year-ago first quarter, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Worldwide
Installed base of set-top box conditional access clients to pass 1 billion mark next year
Oct 25, 2013 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), the global installed base of conditional access (CA) clients in set-top boxes (STB) is expected to exceed 1 billion units for the first time in 2014 as growth is driven by expanding demand in emerging markets.
News categories: IHS, Daniel Simmons, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Asia-Pacific Will Be Responsible For 50% of 220 Million Unit Set-Top Box Market From 2013
Jul 5, 2012 – A jump in cable and satellite set-top box shipments in Asia-Pacific markets is being driven by cable digitization in India and China, as well as China's rollout of digital satellite boxes to its rural households, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sumavision Deploys Broadcom DOCSIS®-based EoC Cable Architecture in China
Mar 20, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Sumavision is deploying its DOCSIS-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to Chinese cable operators. The Sumavision CC8800 products fully meet China's NGB broadband requirements.
News categories: Broadcom, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Coax, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Gehua Cable Deploys Network Trials Based on Broadcom's Innovative DOCSIS®-Based EoC Solution
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture has been chosen by Gehua Cable to launch their network trials in Beijing.
News categories: Broadcom, Gehua Cable, Sumavision, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Cable broadband equipment market down in 3Q10 after 12 months of strong growth
Nov 18, 2010 – Infonetics Research has released its third quarter (3Q10) CMTS and Edge QAM Hardware and Subscribers report, which tracks cable modem termination systems (CMTS), edge quadrature amplitude modulation (QAM) channels, and cable broadband subscribers.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Market Research, Subscribers
Sumavision wins Tianjin cable TV conditional access contract
Aug 20, 2010 – Sumavision has won the contract to provide conditional access (CA) for the cable TV service of the Tianjin Broadcast and TV Network.
News categories: Sumavision, Tianjin Cable, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access
China DTV Subscribers Reached 45.1 mln in Q4 2008
Feb 19, 2009 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q4 2008, that China DTV subscribers has reached 45.1 million in the last quarter of 2008, and representing a increase of 13.5% quarter on quarter.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Subscribers
Analysys International Says China DTV Subscribers Reached 30 mln in Q1 2008
Jun 25, 2008 – Analysys International says in its recently released report China DTV Market Quarterly Tracker Q1 2008, that China DTV subscribers have reached 30.04 million increasing 22% quarter-on-quarter in the first quarter of 2008.
News categories: Analysys International, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research
- XGEM STBs to include access to NetRange Smart TV Portal
- NTT H.265/HEVC encoder allows simultaneous transmission of 60P and 120P UHD video
- MStar integrates NAGRA security for 4K UHD connected TVs
- Cyfrowy Polsat to offer services via ADB's cloud TV platform
- Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
- Thomson Video Networks and Expway to demo live LTE distribution with eMBMS at IBC
- ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based UHD/4K HEVC SmartSTB at IBC
- Argentina’s Supercanal chooses Conax-secured end-to-end solution
- Alliance for Open Media established
- ALi adds HEVC to set-top box chipset lineup
- U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
- ATEME and NexGuard launch pre-release HDR watermarking
- Booxmedia signs multiscreen OTT deal with DELTA of the Netherlands
- MStar integrates Verimatrix VideoMark forensic watermarking for UHD
- LG adds DIRECTV as content partner for webOS TVs
- Proximus releases SwipeBox for sharing photos and videos on the TV screen
- Ziggo leads drop in Dutch TV subscriptions in Q2 2015
- CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
- Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers
- Com Hem unifies delivery of linear and multiscreen TV with Elemental