Digital TV News: Sunrise Communications
Liberty Global to sell UPC Switzerland to Sunrise
Feb 27, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has agreed to sell its Swiss operation, UPC Switzerland, to Sunrise Communications Group. The transaction will create the leading converged challenger in the market.
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Sunrise discussing possible UPC Schweiz acquisition with Liberty Global
Feb 5, 2019 – Sunrise Communications has noted recent media and market speculation regarding a potential transaction with UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global. Sunrise confirms it is in discussions regarding a possible acquisition.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, UPC, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Switzerland's Sunrise adds 36,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 20, 2014 – Sunrise Communications has released its results for the twelve-month period ended December 31, 2013. At the end of December 2013, more than 74,300 customers used Sunrise TV, a near doubling of subscribers.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
Cable TV subscribers in Switzerland drop 57,600 in 2013
Mar 4, 2014 – According to figures from Swisscable, the sectoral association for cable TV companies in Switzerland, the number of cable TV subscribers in the country at the end of 2013 was 2.69 million, down 58 thousand or 2.1% over the year.
News categories: Swisscable, Cable TV, Subscribers, Switzerland
Swisscom adds 183,000 TV customers in 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Swisscom has released its results report for 2012. The number of Swisscom TV connections increased year-on-year by 183,000 to 791,000 (+63,000 in the fourth quarter). Fastweb's bundled TV and broadband offering in partnership with Sky Italia has attracted 151,000 customers to date.
News categories: Swisscom, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Switzerland
1.2 million digital cable TV subscribers for Switzerland
Aug 15, 2012 – According to figures from Swisscable, the sectoral association for cable TV companies in Switzerland, the number of digital cable TV subscribers in the country grew by 29% in the year to the end of June 2012 to reach around 1.2 million.
News categories: Swisscable, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland, Terrestrial
Sunrise Chooses Entone IPTV STBs
Feb 21, 2012 – Entone has announced that Sunrise Communications, the largest private telecom provider in Switzerland, has selected Entone as its set-top box partner for the deployment of advanced IPTV services.
News categories: Entone, Sunrise Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, Video Exchange
Swiss telco Sunrise to launch IPTV in 1Q 2012
Nov 24, 2011 – Sunrise, Switzerland's second-largest mobile phone service provider, has announced with its third quarter 2011 results that it will launch IPTV in the first quarter of 2012. A trial service has been running since October.
News categories: Sunrise Communications, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
Swisscom Mobile TV network to be set up as planned
Dec 12, 2007 – At the end of September 2007 ComCom awarded Swisscom the licence to set up DVB-H mobile TV in Switzerland. Despite the withdrawal of the two partners - Sunrise and Orange - Swisscom is continuing with its plan to provide the service in time for the European Football Championships.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, Mobile, Switzerland
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan