Digital TV News: Swisscom
Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
Apr 17, 2019 – Swisscom has become the first mobile provider in Switzerland to go live with its 5G network. Swisscom is installing the infrastructure in major cities, tourist areas and across the countryside to ensure 5G coverage across Switzerland by the end of the year.
News categories: Swisscom, Urs Schaeppi, 5G, Switzerland
Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
Feb 20, 2019 – Samsung has announced a range of 5G operator partnerships in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK that will see the rollout of Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G, the first true 5G smartphone, across Europe this summer.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, 5G, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, UK
3SS and Technicolor to show Custom Launcher on Android P STBs at CES
Dec 19, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has launched a pre-integrated solution aimed to help operators optimize and launch Android TV services. The offer combines a Technicolor STB and middleware with 3SS's 3READY Android TV Custom Launcher.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Technicolor, Kai-Christian Borchers, Mercedes Pastor, Android TV, CES2020, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
Dec 17, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) is launching 3READY Assistant as a new product and service offering, enabled by its 3READY Android TV Operator Tier Custom Launcher. With 3READY Assistant, an operator can create its own commands to trigger actions in the app.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Kai-Christian Borchers, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Home-grown platforms reinvigorate European smart home market
Jul 31, 2018 – Long challenged to emulate growth rates in the U.S. market, the European smart home market and its proponents are increasingly finding a way to develop and adapt smart home offerings to suit the specific requirements of the disparate European market.
News categories: ABI Research, Jonathan Collins, Europe, Market Research, Smart Home
Nordija provides technology for Swisscom TVaaS 2.0 platform
Jun 6, 2018 – Nordija has developed the technology behind the new TV-as-a-Service platform 'TVaaS 2.0' from Swisscom Broadcast. The solution provides a service platform for delivering customised TV experiences, and will be launched at ANGA COM 2018.
News categories: Nordija, Swisscom, Jeroen van Vliet, Olivier Anthamatten, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Worldwide
ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
May 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Swisscom has selected ATEME’s TITAN virtual encoding solution for its MediaCloud project. The project’s aim is to build a virtualized IPTV video headend based on video transcoding of numerous TV input formats.
News categories: ATEME, Swisscom, Claude Stoffel, Bruno Haug, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Switzerland
SoftAtHome Smart Wi-Fi powers Swisscom WLAN-Box
Dec 12, 2017 – SoftAtHome has announced that its Smart Wi-Fi solution powers the Swiss incumbent’s new WLAN-Box. The all-new WLAN-Box is a 3-in-1 Access Point device (Repeater, Extender, Video bridge) improving Wi-Fi reception throughout the home.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Swisscom, David Viret-Lange, Marcel Burgherr, CPE, Smart Home, Switzerland
Swisscom TV upgrades UX with WLAN-Box and Entertainment OS3
Nov 15, 2017 – Swisscom TV has launched a new user interface for personal entertainment. The new versatile WLAN-Box closes gaps in reception and cuts back on wire, while Swisscom’s Internet Guard improves the protection of customer devices from the dangers on the Internet.
News categories: Swisscom, Dirk Wierzbitzki, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Smart Home, Switzerland
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers