Digital TV News: Sylvain Thevenot
Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
Feb 19, 2020 – British TV manufacturer Cello has announced the launch of a Freeview Play range with Alexa voice control, powered by netgem.tv. The TVs incorporate the netgem.tv service, offering free and on-demand streaming for customers at an affordable price.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Netgem, Brian Palmer, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Smart Home, Smart TV, UK, UX
Netgem launches multiscreen OTT for Gibtelecom with Broadpeak
Sep 24, 2018 – Netgem has announced that Gibtelecom launched a multiscreen TV entertainment service called Sofi earlier this summer, powered by Netgem's OTT Cloud platform and devices, and Broadpeak's content delivery network (CDN) and video streaming solutions.
News categories: Broadpeak, Netgem, Gibtelecom, Jacques Le Mancq, Sylvain Thevenot, Adrian Moreno, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Gibraltar, OTT, Set Top Box
Gibtelecom launches Sofi TV service with Netgem
Jun 4, 2018 – Gibtelecom has announced the launch of Sofi – its digital entertainment service. Sofi will be available on home TVs via an advanced set-top box. Gibtelecom has partnered with Netgem to develop the platform.
News categories: Gibtelecom, Netgem, Lianne Azzopardi, Adrian Moreno, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, Gibraltar, IPTV, Set Top Box
Netgem to offer Amazon Prime Video on its virtual STB platform
Sep 14, 2017 – Netgem has announced that Amazon Prime Video will come to its virtual STB software platform. Set-top-box and soundbox solutions powered with Netgem software will feature the full range of Amazon Prime Video services.
News categories: Netgem, Amazon Prime Video, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Ooredoo Oman launches multiscreen TV with Netgem
Mar 28, 2017 – Netgem has been selected by Ooredoo to deploy its multi-screen TV-as-a-service solution in Oman. This agreement is the first deployment of Netgem in the Middle East, and positions the company as vendor of choice in the region.
News categories: Netgem, Ooredoo, Sylvain Thevenot, Johan Buse, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Oman, UX
Netgem launches ‘Watch with Twitter'
Nov 30, 2016 – Netgem has announced the launch of Watch on Twitter. The functionality has been incorporated into its #TelcoTV cloud platform. The service, which has seen its first launch on EE TV in the UK, enables viewers to see which shows are trending on Twitter.
News categories: Netgem, Sylvain Thevenot, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, Social TV, UK, Worldwide
Netgem develops cloud-based TV platform with Post Luxembourg
Feb 11, 2016 – Netgem will demonstrate at Mobile World Congress 2016 a comprehensive set of offerings that enable fixed and mobile operators around the world to offer differentiating TV services and take advantage of a powerful multiscreen TV experience.
News categories: Netgem, Post Luxembourg, Sylvain Thevenot, Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, MWC20
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation