Digital TV News: Synamedia
WarnerMedia Asia Pacific chooses Synamedia content delivery solution
Jul 25, 2019 – WarnerMedia Asia Pacific has chosen Synamedia for its satellite content delivery system. Synamedia technologies will reduce bandwidth costs, deliver next-generation security, and prepare the company’s satellite system for future IP delivery innovations.
News categories: Synamedia, WarnerMedia, Julien Signes, Luis Esparza, Gustavo Fracassi, Asia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Synamedia to debut software-centric Converged Headend at ANGA COM
May 29, 2019 – Synamedia will debut its software-based Converged Headend solution at ANGA COM. The Converged Headend brings together multiple broadcast and broadband workflows to deliver broadcast-quality video quality to any screen.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
May 21, 2019 – Evergent and Synamedia have announced a partnership for end-to-end video monetization and delivery. The Evergent Revenue and Customer Management platform is now integrated with Synamedia’s Infinite platform to help their joint customers.
News categories: Synamedia, Evergent, Jean-Marc Racine, Vijay Sajja, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its relationship with Bharti Airtel in India. Airtel will continue to use VideoGuard to safeguard its content, and manage and monetize the set-top box experience using Synamedia’s Foundation platform.
News categories: Synamedia, Airtel, Sue Couto, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Synamedia video processing benefits from streaming-aware machine-learning
Apr 8, 2019 – Synamedia has added automation capabilities to its Virtual Digital Content Manager with Smart Rate Control that, using machine-learning and real-time quality metrics, can save operators up to 50% of bandwidth and storage costs.
News categories: Synamedia, Julien Signes, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
Mar 25, 2019 – The RIST Forum has been established, with 21 founding companies, to promote the Reliable Internet Stream Transport (RIST), an interoperable and royalty free standard for low-latency video transport over unmanaged networks for contribution and distribution applications.
News categories: RIST Forum, Jacob Kinsey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Synamedia DRM and watermarking gain ChinaDRM Lab certification
Feb 28, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that its Rapid Watermark solution and VideoGuard DRM offering have been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab. The certification comes at a time of booming demand for premium OTT content from Chinese consumers.
News categories: Synamedia, ChinaDRM, Sue Couto, China, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Telechips integrates Synamedia 4K CA with Android TV Pie
Feb 15, 2019 – Telechips has announced that it has been certified for Synamedia’s 4K conditional access system. Telechips' Lion SoCs can at the same time support Android TV Pie. The integration of Android TV Pie with Synamedia' 4K CAS is a world first.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, Stanley Kim, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient