Digital TV News: Synamedia
Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
Apr 8, 2020 – Synamedia has secured a contract with Vodafone Group to provide video platform, security and integration services. The deal supprts Vodafone's vision of a global cloud TV platform running on the operator's Gigabit infrastructure.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Tanja Richter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
Mar 31, 2020 – Italy’s regional public broadcaster RAS has gone live with Synamedia virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) as it prepares to migrate from DVB-T SD/HD to DVB-T2/HEVC HD. RAS is using the Synamedia DCM for satellite input and DVB-T transmissions and the virtualized DCM for encoding in a private cloud.
News categories: Synamedia, RAS, Dimetis, Julien Signes, Johann Silbernagl, Thomas Will, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, Terrestrial
Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
Jan 21, 2020 – USSI Global is to provide technical and logistics support, fulfillment and deployment services for Synamedia video network customers in the United States. Together the companies will also help customers with go-to-market strategies for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Synamedia, USSI Global, Dave Longaker, David Christiano, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
Jan 21, 2020 – Synamedia has entered into a partnership with technology and supply chain service provider World Wide Technology (WWT). WWT will provide Synamedia's video products and solutions to its customers while helping to strengthen Synamedia's reach across regions.
News categories: Synamedia, World Wide Technology, Dave Longaker, Brent Massey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
E-Vision selects Synamedia for MENA multi-tenant OTT service
Jan 7, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that E-Vision has selected its Infinite platform for a multi-country, multi-tenant OTT service. The platform is already live in Egypt and will launch soon in Saudi Arabia. Additional markets will follow in due course.
News categories: Synamedia, E-Vision, Yves Padrines, Humaid Rashid Sahoo, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Egypt, Middle-East, OTT, Saudi Arabia, UX
Synamedia joins Phoenix Model Market NEXTGEN TV initiative
Jan 6, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that it has entered a partnership with Pearl TV to join the Phoenix Model Market Initiative. Synamedia will provide encoding expertise and services and build future ATSC 3.0 applications based on market needs.
News categories: Synamedia, Pearl TV, Dave Longaker, Anne Schelle, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
Nov 12, 2019 – Czech Television (Ceska Televize) has gone live with Synamedia’s virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) and completed its transition to transmitting all programs in the DVB-T2 format.
News categories: Synamedia, Česká televize, LICA CZECH, Julien Signes, Michal Kratochvíl, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
Oct 16, 2019 – Synamedia and Triveni Digital have announced a partnership to enable customers to seamlessly transition to ATSC 3.0. Also announced is a current deployment with a major U.S. television production company.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Synamedia, Mark Simpson, Julien Signes, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
SmarDTV collaborates with Synamedia on secure STB IP dongles
Sep 12, 2019 – SmarDTV Global has announced a collaboration with Synamedia that makes it easy for operators with a large installed base of STBs to add IP multi-screen services. Modular STB IP dongles give pay-TV operators a low-cost way to quickly launch OTT and UHD services.
News categories: SmarDTV, Synamedia, Guillaume Reillon, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv