Digital TV News: TCL
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
OLED and super-large screens drive TV market recovery
Jan 23, 2019 – After a global decline in TV shipments the previous year, the market recovered in 2018, with a new report from Futuresource Consulting showing a year-end estimated 3% year-on-year increase in shipments, and a rise of 7% in trade value.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
8K Association formed to help develop 8K ecosystem
Jan 8, 2019 – A group of display technology brands have come together at CES 2019 to form the 8K Association (8KA). The group recently signed an MOU to form the non-profit organization to advance their common vision and mission.
News categories: 8K Association, Hyogun Lee, Dr. Weidong Liu, Chris Larson, WeiLung Liau, Michiko Ogawa, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku and TCL plan 8K TCL Roku TVs and built-in voice controls
Jan 7, 2019 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and TCL have announced that they are working together to make 8K TCL Roku TVs available to consumers in 2019. Additionally, Roku is expanding its 4K and HDR hardware reference design to include far-field microphones for voice search and control.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
Samsung plans HDR10+ certification center with TIRT in China
Dec 23, 2018 – Samsung has announced HDR10+ ecosystem expansion to 45 industry partners and the construction of a new certification center in China. The new partnerships will expand the impact of HDR10+ technology across different market segments.
News categories: Samsung, Hyogun Lee, Irina Grandel, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Global connected TV device installed base passes one billion unit mark
Aug 13, 2018 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than one billion Connected TV devices are now in use worldwide. Smart TVs have been consistently gaining share in the market and now stand at nearly 60% of the total installed base of devices.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, David Mercer, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Demand growth for TV sets poised to return in 2018
Apr 30, 2018 – Consumer demand for TV sets is poised to return to growth in 2018, according to Futuresource Consulting. The recovery of several markets linked with a transition to 4K UHD models will drive trade value up by 5% to $85 billion.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Tett, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Market for 4K UHD technologies exploding
Feb 19, 2018 – The huge growth forecast for 4K UHD global markets stems from the technology’s growing adoption, rising disposable incomes, technological advancements, expanding 4K content and increasing TV unit sales.
News categories: BCC Research, Anand Bhandari, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
Jan 17, 2018 – While some TV brands are expected to maintain their panel purchasing plans, others are forecast to reduce demand in the first quarter as it is a traditionally slow season and some demand was pulled into the last quarter, according to IHS Markit.
News categories: IHS Markit, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- TiVo launches CubiTV for Android
- Apple debuts new Apple TV app and Apple TV channels
- RIST Forum promotes its internet video transport standard at NAB Show
- NAGRA and MTM launch 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum
- Tizen OS leads global Smart TV market
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV service and set-top box
- BARC India to integrate TV and Out of Home TV viewership
- SKYWORTH TV ranked 1st in China market for first two months of 2019
- Globecast partners with SnifferCat for OTT dynamic ad insertion
- LatAm will return to pay TV subs growth in 2020
- 29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
- Comcast launches streaming platform for Xfinity Internet customers
- 15% of U.S. households have a DTC channel subscription
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance to debut at NAB Show 2019
- V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
- Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
- Cablecolor partners with moTV for hybrid TV in Honduras
- Global theatrical and home entertainment market at $96.8bn in 2018
- 24i Media acquires StreamOne
- Tencent Video subscriptions up 58% to 89 million at end-2018