Digital TV News: TDC
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, OTT
TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
Jun 20, 2019 – TDC Group will use Mediamorph’s Content Value Management (CVM) for its BLOCKBUSTER VOD business in the Nordics. The CVM enables TDC to automate its VOD platforms and more effectively capitalize on content contracts, control VOD royalties, and streamline their supply chain.
News categories: Mediamorph, Blockbuster, Rob Gardos, Casper Hald, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
Blockbuster selects 3SS to deliver smart TV app for the Nordics
Nov 21, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has been chosen by Blockbuster to engineer, deliver and integrate a new app to support connected TVs. This is the first fruit of 3SS’ appointment as Blockbuster’s long-term innovation partner.
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Blockbuster, Kai-Christian Borchers, Casper Hald, Apps, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
Jul 17, 2018 – Telia Company has acquired GET and TDC Norway at an enterprise value of NOK 21 billion on a cash and debt free basis. Telia will combine its mobile network with GET’s TV and fixed services to create a challenger on the Norwegian market.
News categories: Telia, Johan Dennelind, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Norway
TDC selects Mariner xVu for TV service assurance
Mar 21, 2017 – Mariner xVu has announced that TDC Group will deploy Mariner's xVu software as part of its strategic initiative to deliver best-in-class customer satisfaction and to enhance the organization's Service Experience Monitoring (SEM) project.
News categories: Mariner xVu, TDC Group, Marc Savoie, Jens Peter Villadsen, CPE, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, QoE
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
TDC expands Mediaroom footprint to Norway
Jun 8, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) has announced that it is enabling TDC to expand its delivery of IP-based TV services outside Denmark. Alcatel-Lucent is extending TDC’s existing Mediaroom platform to Norwegian ISP, NextGenTel.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, TDC, NextGenTel, Willem Hendrickx, Jacob Zentio Larsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Norway
Norway's NexGenTel to re-use TDC IPTV platform
Oct 23, 2014 – TDC Group has announced that Norway's third largest broadband provider NexGenTel is to go live with a new IPTV platform based on TDC's technology after the two companies signed a cooperation agreement earlier this year.
News categories: TDC Group, NextGenTel, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV