Digital TV News: TF1
RTL to invest in Groupe M6's Bedrock streaming platform
Mar 13, 2020 – Groupe M6 (Paris:MMT) has been developing in-house expertise around its online television services. With the aim of continuing its development, Groupe M6 is opening up Bedrock’s capital, enabling RTL Group to acquire a 50% stake.
News categories: Groupe M6, RTL Group, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, France, OTT
Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
Sep 13, 2019 – DOTSCREEN has announced its selection by Freesat as the developer of the operator's User Interface for its next HbbTV compliant set-top box. DOTSCREEN has already been working for Freenet TV in Germany and Fransat in France.
News categories: DOTSCREEN, Freesat, Arris, Chandan Rajah, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Orange Belgium updates STB UI and Orange TV mobile App
Oct 29, 2018 – Orange Belgium has started updating the decoders of its more than 155,000 Love customers all over the country. Plus, the latest version of the Orange TV app allows customers to pause/timeshift up to 1 hour whilst watching.
News categories: Orange, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box
DOTSCREEN UI integrated with AirTies' 4K/UHD STBs
Sep 6, 2018 – AirTies has announced a strategic partnership with DOTSCREEN, a multi-screen app developer and specialist UI agency, under which DOTSCREEN's user interface (UI) will be integrated into AirTies' 4K/UHD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: AirTies, DOTSCREEN, Metin Taskin, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Integral Ad Science and FreeWheel partner to measure video inventory
Jul 31, 2018 – Integral Ad Science (IAS) has announces a partnership with FreeWheel’s ad management platform that allows publishers to measure the quality of their digital video for viewability, brand safety, and fraud.
News categories: Integral Ad Science, FreeWheel, Nick Morley, Thomas Bremond, Philippe Boscher, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
TF1 chooses Harmonic for live UHD sports delivery
Jul 3, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that TF1 has deployed an Ultra HD (UHD) contribution and distribution solution from Harmonic to broadcast live sports events, including the world's largest soccer tournament and a premiere motor racing championship.
News categories: Harmonic, TF1, Ian Graham, Hervé Pavard, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Orange Belgium expands video service with ZAPPWARE
May 31, 2018 – Orange Belgium is expanding its convergent offering with an evolution of its video features. This also broadens the scope for Zappware, Orange Belgium’s Digital TV Technology partner, who developed the multiscreen video platform.
News categories: Zappware, Orange, Patrick Vos, Cristina Zanchi, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, UX
TF1 selects Streamroot delivery technology to power its online video
May 3, 2018 – Streamroot has announced that TF1 Group has chosen Streamroot’s technology to deliver its online video content. TF1 is the leading private-sector FTA broadcaster in France. It broadcasts five channels (TF1, TMC, TFX, TF1 SERIES FILMS and LCI).
News categories: Streamroot, TF1, Pierre-Louis Theron, Nicolas Theraroz, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Channel 4, ProSiebenSat.1, TF1 and Mediaset create digital ad venture
Nov 13, 2017 – Channel 4 has announced that it is investing in an ad sales partnership with ProSiebenSat.1, TF1 and Mediaset. The European Broadcaster Exchange (EBX) venture will establish a VOD exchange to enable video campaigns at scale, initially traded programmatically.
News categories: Channel 4, ProSiebenSat.1, TF1, Mediaset, Jonathan Lewis, Advertising, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, UK
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv