Digital TV News: TMG
24i Media acquires StreamOne
Mar 21, 2019 – 24i Media has extended its platform’s capabilities by the acquisition of StreamOne. With the acquisition, 24i gets access to the technology of StreamOne, strengthening its ability to integrate with its partners, and to optimize the end user experience.
News categories: 24i Media, StreamOne, Martijn van Horssen, Ruud van der Linden, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, NABShow, Netherlands, Worldwide
Verimatrix and TMG bolster anti-piracy through real-time precision targeting
Apr 11, 2018 – Verimatrix and TMG have announced their initiative to combine capabilities for an end-to-end revenue security solution that combats the growing threat of content redistribution and illegal streaming devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, TMG, Petr Peterka, Bastien Casalta, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Telegraaf VNDG online video platform to be launched 1 May
Apr 18, 2017 – On 1 May, De Telegraaf will be introducing Telegraaf VNDG, with content relating to news, sports and entertainment that can be viewed by the consumer where, when and how he/she desires.
News categories: De Telegraaf, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT
Eastern Europe Delivers on its Promise
Jun 26, 2008 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media has found that the long-held potential of central and eastern European TV markets is now being realized. The region's pay TV sector is expected to more than double to $12 billion by 2013.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial, Turkey, Ukraine
IPTV Gathering Steam: Almost 10 Million Television-Over-Broadband Subscribers Worldwide
Apr 18, 2008 – A new report from Telecommunications Management Group (TMG), 'IPTV: The Killer Broadband Application,' forecasts that there will be nearly 60 million Internet Protocol television (IPTV) subscribers worldwide by the end of 2010.
News categories: Telecommunications Management Group, Asia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Subscribers, USA
On Demand Deutschland to content manage Telekom Austria's AON TV VOD service
Jan 31, 2008 – On Demand Deutschland (ODD) has agreed a deal whereby ODD will supply the video on demand (VOD) content services to Telekom Austria's Aon TV VOD service. The Aon TV VOD service is adding around 1,000 new customers per week.
News categories: Telekom Austria, On Demand Group, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
Strong growth forecast for MENA pay TV
Jun 19, 2007 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by 36% over the next five years. Informa Telecoms & Media's report shows that the region's 4.5 million pay TV subscribers at end-2006 will grow to 6.1 million in 2012.
News categories: Africa, Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Zimbabwe
Asia Pacific: 180m Digital TV Homes by 2012
Mar 24, 2007 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that 29% of TV homes in the Asia Pacific region will receive digital signals in 2012, up from just 6% in 2006. More …
News categories: Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism