Digital TV News: TMG
Verimatrix and TMG bolster anti-piracy through real-time precision targeting
Apr 11, 2018 – Verimatrix and TMG have announced their initiative to combine capabilities for an end-to-end revenue security solution that combats the growing threat of content redistribution and illegal streaming devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, TMG, Petr Peterka, Bastien Casalta, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Telegraaf VNDG online video platform to be launched 1 May
Apr 18, 2017 – On 1 May, De Telegraaf will be introducing Telegraaf VNDG, with content relating to news, sports and entertainment that can be viewed by the consumer where, when and how he/she desires.
News categories: De Telegraaf, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT
Eastern Europe Delivers on its Promise
Jun 26, 2008 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media has found that the long-held potential of central and eastern European TV markets is now being realized. The region's pay TV sector is expected to more than double to $12 billion by 2013.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Terrestrial, Turkey, Ukraine
IPTV Gathering Steam: Almost 10 Million Television-Over-Broadband Subscribers Worldwide
Apr 18, 2008 – A new report from Telecommunications Management Group (TMG), 'IPTV: The Killer Broadband Application,' forecasts that there will be nearly 60 million Internet Protocol television (IPTV) subscribers worldwide by the end of 2010.
News categories: Telecommunications Management Group, Asia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Subscribers, USA
On Demand Deutschland to content manage Telekom Austria's AON TV VOD service
Jan 31, 2008 – On Demand Deutschland (ODD) has agreed a deal whereby ODD will supply the video on demand (VOD) content services to Telekom Austria's Aon TV VOD service. The Aon TV VOD service is adding around 1,000 new customers per week.
News categories: Telekom Austria, On Demand Group, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Subscribers
Strong growth forecast for MENA pay TV
Jun 19, 2007 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by 36% over the next five years. Informa Telecoms & Media's report shows that the region's 4.5 million pay TV subscribers at end-2006 will grow to 6.1 million in 2012.
News categories: Africa, Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Zimbabwe
Asia Pacific: 180m Digital TV Homes by 2012
Mar 24, 2007 – New research from Informa Telecoms & Media shows that 29% of TV homes in the Asia Pacific region will receive digital signals in 2012, up from just 6% in 2006. More …
News categories: Asia, Digital TV, Market Research
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH