Digital TV News: TSTV
ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
Jan 15, 2019 – Synacor (Nasdaq: SYNC) and Shorts International have announced the integration of Synacor’s Cloud Identity Platform with the ShortsTV streaming App. Current subscribers to the ShortsTV channel in the US can contact their provider to access on-demand content.
News categories: Synacor, Shorts International, Himesh Bhise, Carter Pilcher, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
TSTV to launch DTH TV on ABS-3A at 3°W in Nigeria
Jun 28, 2017 – ABS and Telcom Satellites TV (TSTV) have signed a multi-transponder agreement to deliver a Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcast service into Nigeria on ABS-3A. The new platform is scheduled to be launched on 25th July 2017.
News categories: ABS, TSTV, Tom Choi, Bright Echefu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
MTS launches satellite TV in Russia
Nov 12, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems (MTS) [NYSE: MBT] in partnership with Sistema Mass Media (SMM) [LSE: SSA] has announced the launch of satellite TV services under the MTS brand throughout Russia. MTS will offer subscribers 160 TV channels.
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Vasyl Latsanych, Vitaly Studitskikh, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Ericsson Empowers New TV Experiences at IP&TV World Forum
Mar 21, 2011 – At IP&TV World Forum 2011, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) will demonstrate its end-to-end television solutions - from content management, packaging and delivery to the ultimate user experience on the consumer's screen of choice.
News categories: Ericsson, Content Distribution, Video Exchange
Turkey - IP TV and Web TV-Testing Started
Jul 21, 2010 – IPTV will reach the Turkish consumer via Türk Telekom. A business partnership with the leadership of SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has won the tender of the project, which had been initiated by Türk Telekom for the infrastructure of IPTV.
News categories: Türk Telekom, SeaChange International, Envivio, Content Distribution, IPTV, Turkey
Espial Switches On IPTV Services for Sogetel
Nov 10, 2009 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that Sogetel is preparing to deliver IP-based television and video on-demand services in Quebec, Canada using Evo TV Service Platform and Espial MediaBase.
News categories: Espial, Sogetel, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Chongqing Cable TV Launches On-Demand TV Services With Espial MediaBase
Oct 6, 2009 – Espial® (TSX: ESP) has announced that Chongqing Cable TV Network has selected Espial MediaBase to power their on-demand services. Chongqing Cable TV is located in the southwest of China and provides TV services to 4.2 million subscribers.
News categories: Espial, Chongqing Cable, Huawei, Cable TV, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware
Moscow DVB-H mobile TV trials approved
Aug 20, 2009 – Operators have received permission from Russia's State Commission for Radio Frequencies (GKRCH) to launch mobile TV in Moscow on a trial basis. Until the end of the year DVB-H services will be provided by Sistema, Vimpelcom and Scartel.
News categories: Sistema, Vimpelcom, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia
Invitel Delivers Network PVR, TimeShift-TV & VOD Services Using Espial MediaBase
Jul 28, 2009 – Espial (TSX:ESP) has announced that Invitel Hungary (previously Vivendi Telecom) has successfully launched and is now expanding its on-demand services (VoD, nPVR and Timeshift TV) using Espial MediaBase VOD servers.
News categories: Invitel, Espial, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Middleware
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs