Digital TV News: TV Nova
Mautilus provides HbbTV app for TV Nova in the Czech Republic
Nov 1, 2016 – Mautilus has launched the HbbTV application for Czech commercial television station, TV Nova. The application includes EPG, news feeds, and video content from popular TV series produced by TV Nova.
News categories: Mautilus, TV Nova, Apps, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV
Czech TV broadcaster TV Nova to launch HbbTV
Aug 31, 2016 – TV Nova, the leading private Czech broadcaster, has deployed Icareus Playout HbbTV server to expand to hybrid broadcast and broadband services.
News categories: Icareus, TV Nova, Mikko Karppinen, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, HbbTV
New DVB-T2/HEVC pilot begins in the Czech Republic
Jun 2, 2015 – České Radiokomunikace (ČRa) has announced the start of a new trial of DVB-T2 digital terrestrial television transmission using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression. Three channels are being broadcast in the advanced format.
News categories: České Radiokomunikace, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Telefónica Czech Republic - O2 TV has 70,000 customers
Dec 13, 2007 – The number of O2 TV digital television subscribers has surpassed 70,000, thus strengthening Telefónica O2's position in the home entertainment market.
News categories: Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, Czech Republic, Digital TV, IPTV, Subscribers
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box