Digital TV News: TVision
Opera provides browser to Thomson for STB and service integration
Sep 15, 2009 – Opera Software has announced that it provides web technology to Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS). The Opera Devices SDK 9.7 technology will be integrated in Thomson's set-top boxes, 'THOMSuite' STB middleware and 'SmartVision' service platform.
News categories: Opera Software, Thomson, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson Supplies STBs and Home Networking To Bouygues Telecom
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is providing a range of home networking solutions to Bouygues Telecom for the roll out of its 'Bbox' gateway, launched at the end of 2008.
News categories: Thomson, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telekom Slovenije to Secure SiOL IPTV With Verimatrix Solution
Mar 25, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced Telekom Slovenije as its latest customer to select the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to protect video-on-demand (VOD) and live broadcast premium content.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telekom Slovenia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Video Exchange
Leading Scandinavian Telecoms Operator Telenor selects Thomson's IPTV Systems
Jul 22, 2008 – Telenor (Oslo: TEL) has selected an end-to-end IPTV solution from Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) for deployment of IPTV services in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
News categories: Thomson, Telenor, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
Thomson Launches Push Video on Demand Solution for Hybrid Networks with SmartVision Service Platform
Mar 12, 2008 – During IPTV TV World Forum in London, Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) announced the launch of new modules to its Smartvision video service platform for delivering video on demand over hybrid broadcast networks (DTT+IP or Satellite+IP).
News categories: Thomson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Full-Scale Introduction of IPTV Business for Communication Carriers; NEC targets 50 billion yen in sales after 3 years
Mar 11, 2008 – NEC has announced that it will launch a full-scale IPTV business with high-profile NGN (Next Generation Networks) carrier applications, providing End-to-End IPTV solutions and video delivery systems to the international market.
News categories: NEC Corp, CASCADE Limited, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Orange, Thomson and Sagem Communications are creating Soft At Home, a joint venture publisher of software for the digital home
Feb 20, 2008 – Orange, Thomson and Sagem Communications have joined forces to create a joint venture: Soft At Home. This structure is aimed at creating a standard for the interconnection of equipment within the multimedia ecosystem.
News categories: Soft At Home, Sagem, Thomson, France Telecom, Broadband, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
NDS Showcases the World's First Hybrid Rights and Business Management Platform for Mobile TV
Feb 11, 2008 – NDS Group (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it will be demonstrating the world's first hybrid rights and business management platform for mobile TV at the World Mobile Congress taking place in Barcelona on February 11-14.
News categories: NDS Group, 5G, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, MWC19
BT Vision now available to self install
Nov 8, 2007 – BT Vision is now available for customers to self install for a one-off connection fee of just £30 - making it even better value for people looking to enjoy Freeview and a vast range of film, sport, music and television programming on-demand, with no compulsory subscription.
News categories: BT Vision, Comtrend, Broadband, IPTV, Smart Home, Terrestrial, UK
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences