Digital TV News: TVision
Technicolor Updates Its Set-top Boxes to Enhance the TV Experience for Bouygues Telecom Bbox Customers
Sep 2, 2010 – Technicolor (Paris: FR0010918292; NYSE: TCH) and Bouygues Telecom have announced the development of a new TV user interface for Bouygues Telecom Bbox customers and new software for the Technicolor DBI 8500 set-top boxes used by Bouygues.
News categories: Technicolor, Bouygues Telecom, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
IPTV Set-top Box Shipments to Rise by Nearly 50 Percent in 2010
Apr 21, 2010 – Shipments of television Set-top Boxes (STBs) sold into the up-and-coming Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) segment are set to rise by nearly 50 percent in 2010, according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, Lee Ratliff, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Opera provides browser to Thomson for STB and service integration
Sep 15, 2009 – Opera Software has announced that it provides web technology to Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS). The Opera Devices SDK 9.7 technology will be integrated in Thomson's set-top boxes, 'THOMSuite' STB middleware and 'SmartVision' service platform.
News categories: Opera Software, Thomson, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson Supplies STBs and Home Networking To Bouygues Telecom
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is providing a range of home networking solutions to Bouygues Telecom for the roll out of its 'Bbox' gateway, launched at the end of 2008.
News categories: Thomson, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telekom Slovenije to Secure SiOL IPTV With Verimatrix Solution
Mar 25, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced Telekom Slovenije as its latest customer to select the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to protect video-on-demand (VOD) and live broadcast premium content.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telekom Slovenia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Video Exchange
Leading Scandinavian Telecoms Operator Telenor selects Thomson's IPTV Systems
Jul 22, 2008 – Telenor (Oslo: TEL) has selected an end-to-end IPTV solution from Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) for deployment of IPTV services in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
News categories: Thomson, Telenor, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, Sweden
Thomson Launches Push Video on Demand Solution for Hybrid Networks with SmartVision Service Platform
Mar 12, 2008 – During IPTV TV World Forum in London, Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) announced the launch of new modules to its Smartvision video service platform for delivering video on demand over hybrid broadcast networks (DTT+IP or Satellite+IP).
News categories: Thomson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Video Exchange
Full-Scale Introduction of IPTV Business for Communication Carriers; NEC targets 50 billion yen in sales after 3 years
Mar 11, 2008 – NEC has announced that it will launch a full-scale IPTV business with high-profile NGN (Next Generation Networks) carrier applications, providing End-to-End IPTV solutions and video delivery systems to the international market.
News categories: NEC Corp, CASCADE Limited, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Orange, Thomson and Sagem Communications are creating Soft At Home, a joint venture publisher of software for the digital home
Feb 20, 2008 – Orange, Thomson and Sagem Communications have joined forces to create a joint venture: Soft At Home. This structure is aimed at creating a standard for the interconnection of equipment within the multimedia ecosystem.
News categories: Soft At Home, Sagem, Thomson, France Telecom, Broadband, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs