Digital TV News: TVision
Thomson Unveils IMS Video Strategy
Oct 24, 2007 – At the professional tradeshow TelcoTV, Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) has announced its strategy for the delivery of interactive voice and video services over any fixed or mobile network using IMS ("IP Multimedia Subsystem") architecture.
News categories: Thomson, Cirpack, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
Smart Telecom Selects Thomson's End-to-End Triple Play Solutions
Oct 9, 2007 – Smart Telecom, a leading Irish telecoms provider, has selected Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) to provide an end-to-end solution for its launch of advanced triple-play packages.
News categories: Thomson, Smart Telecom, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Thomson: First half 2007 Results
Jul 26, 2007 – Thomson shipped a total of 11.0 million access products in 1H07 of which 4.7 million were satellite set-top boxes, 1.2 million were cable set-top boxes, and 5.3 million were access products for telecom operators.
News categories: Thomson, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
P&TLuxembourg Selects Thomson's Service Platform For IPTV
Jun 17, 2007 – Thomson (Paris Euronext: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that P&TLuxembourg has selected Thomson’s SmartVisionTV platform to launch its TV service. More …
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient