Digital TV News: TVision
Thomson Unveils IMS Video Strategy
Oct 24, 2007 – At the professional tradeshow TelcoTV, Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) has announced its strategy for the delivery of interactive voice and video services over any fixed or mobile network using IMS ("IP Multimedia Subsystem") architecture.
News categories: Thomson, Cirpack, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
Smart Telecom Selects Thomson's End-to-End Triple Play Solutions
Oct 9, 2007 – Smart Telecom, a leading Irish telecoms provider, has selected Thomson (Euronext 18453; NYSE; TMS) to provide an end-to-end solution for its launch of advanced triple-play packages.
News categories: Thomson, Smart Telecom, BBWF, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Ireland, Set Top Box
Thomson: First half 2007 Results
Jul 26, 2007 – Thomson shipped a total of 11.0 million access products in 1H07 of which 4.7 million were satellite set-top boxes, 1.2 million were cable set-top boxes, and 5.3 million were access products for telecom operators.
News categories: Thomson, Earnings Release, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
BT Vision Launches Live and Catch-Up Sports Service
Jul 16, 2007 – BT (LSE: BT.A) (NYSE: BT) has launched its BT Vision Sport service. This service allows fans to catch-up with more matches in full than any other service and for just £4 a month.
News categories: BT Vision, Digital TV, IPTV, UK
P&TLuxembourg Selects Thomson's Service Platform For IPTV
Jun 17, 2007 – Thomson (Paris Euronext: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that P&TLuxembourg has selected Thomson’s SmartVisionTV platform to launch its TV service. More …
News categories: Digital TV, IPTV, Luxembourg
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service