Digital TV News: TX Australia
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Global TV ad investment to grow 2.2% in 2018
Dec 4, 2017 – GroupM has updated its ad investment forecasts for 2017 and 2018. Globally, television investment will grow 0.4% in 2017 and 2.2% in 2018, but TV will lose one share point this year and another next. China’s regulated TV is the headwind.
News categories: GroupM, Adam Smith, Kelly Clark, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Piracy-enabling STB supplier closed down in Australia
Nov 28, 2017 – Following a joint investigation in Australia by the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) and CASBAA's Coalition Against Piracy (CAP) into a large supplier of IPTV set-top boxes, pre-loaded to play pirated movies, television shows, sports programming, and other content has had these operations closed down in Australia.
News categories: CASBAA, Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Neil Gane, Zoe Thorogood, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
ABC selects BuyDRM multi-DRM for iview on-demand and catch up TV
May 16, 2017 – BuyDRM has announced that the Australian Broadcasting Corporation is now using their KeyOS MultiKey Service for their VOD and catchup service iview. Using KeyOS, iview will be able to deliver DASH, HLS and MSS encoded content using industry-leading DRMs.
News categories: BuyDRM, Australian Broadcasting Corp, Christopher Levy, Andrew Carey, Australia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
LG and Telstra announce first Flatscreen TV with BigPond® Movies
Apr 9, 2010 – LG Electronics (KSE: 066570.KS) and Telstra (ASX:TLS) have announced an alliance that will see the two companies be the first in Australia to come together to bring BigPond® Movies to LG's new range of flatscreen TVs.
News categories: LG Electronics, Telstra, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart TV
MPA Sees Strong Asia Pacific Pay-TV Subs Growth
Apr 22, 2009 – Against the background of a poor global macroeconomic environment, media owners and investors focused on Asia Pacific can take comfort from the defensive nature of the region's pay-TV and broadband industries, according to a Media Partners Asia report.
News categories: Media Partners Asia, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DVR, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers