Digital TV News: Talal Shamoon
UK's Freesat selects Intertrust ExpressPlay CA
Jan 8, 2018 – Freesat has selected Intertrust's ExpressPlay CA content security technology to manage and protect their ultra-high definition content in 2018. ExpressPlay CA is Intertrust’s cloud-based conditional access security technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Freesat, Talal Shamoon, Alistair Thom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Intertrust and Bitmovin forge secure media player partnership
Sep 28, 2017 – Intertrust and Bitmovin have announced a partnership. Together, Intertrust’s cloud-based platforms and Bitmovin’s end-to-end content delivery system, provide customers with a one-stop solution for content protection and monetization.
News categories: Intertrust, Bitmovin, Talal Shamoon, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Worldwide
Intertrust applauds launch of Tivùon!
Jul 18, 2016 – Intertrust has applauded its partner Tivù for their launch of Tivùon!, Italy’s first open standards-based Internet TV service. Tivùon! provides a unified program guide and catch-up TV services on Internet TV sets and set top boxes.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Talal Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, DRM, DVB-MHP, HbbTV, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Intertrust integrates Cryptography Research security cores
Apr 9, 2015 – Rambus (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that Intertrust will integrate its CryptoFirewall hardware security cores with its ExpressPlay cloud service. Smart 4K UHD TVs are the first target devices for the integrated security solution.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Intertrust, Paul Kocher, Talal Shamoon, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
Dec 17, 2013 – Mediaset and Intertrust have announced that Mediaset’s new Infinity Over the Top (OTT) television service has launched using Intertrust’s ExpressPlay Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to protect valuable video content.
News categories: Intertrust, Mediaset, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Talal Shamoon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT
Tata Elxsi Announces Marlin-enabled Connected TV Solution based on Android
Sep 9, 2011 – Tata Elxsi has announced an Android-based Connected TV Solution based on Marlin DRM technology. The solution is designed for Broadcast, IPTV, and Video-on-Demand deployments. It integrates Marlin DRM technology for content protection and playback.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Marlin, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShowcase, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Tivù and Intertrust to Provide Marlin DRM Services for the Italian Internet TV Market
Mar 8, 2011 – Tivù and Intertrust have announced a partnership to create Marlin Digital Rights Management (DRM) based services for Italian broadcasters wishing to create 'over the top' Internet TV channels.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Content Protection, DRM, DVB-MHP, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Arxan to Demonstrate Application Hardening Technology at IPTV World Forum
Mar 22, 2010 – Arxan Technologies has announced that it will conduct live product demonstrations of its GuardIT technology at the IPTV World Forum. Arxan's software security technology ensures that DRM-enabled systems such as IPTV can comply with DRM robustness rules.
News categories: Arxan, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
Technology Leaders Announce 'Marlin Partner Program' to Make Digital Content Interoperable Across Multiple Devices and Services
Oct 22, 2008 – Over twenty-five leading technology companies have joined forces to create the Marlin Partner Program (MPP). Members of the program can now deliver technology solutions that make digital content interoperable between consumer electronics devices.
News categories: Marlin, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Tablet
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0