Digital TV News: Tango
Applicaster secures $20M growth funding
Mar 26, 2019 – Applicaster has announced a $20M growth round of funding. The funding round, led by Viola Growth and backed by further investment from 83 North, Pitango, Saban Ventures, and Planven Investments, will be used to expand the company’s global presence and product set.
News categories: Applicaster, Jonathan Laor, Eran Westman, Apps, Digital TV, Israel, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Tango Luxembourg deploys interactive TV platform from Beenius
Sep 13, 2018 – Beenius and Tango Luxembourg have cooperated to produce a new TV Platform for Tango's users. Beenius provided an end-to-end solution which serves both IPTV and OTT content from a single platform across all devices to all end users.
News categories: Beenius, Tango, Filip Remškar, Luis Camara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, Luxembourg, Middleware, Set Top Box
Virtual Reality device shipments to hit 110 million by 2021
Feb 9, 2017 – ABI Research forecasts total VR device shipments will reach 110 million by 2021. While mobile device-reliant VR shipments dwarf today's other VR device types, standalone devices will see a 405% CAGR through 2021, compared to a 42% CAGR for mobile VR.
News categories: ABI Research, Eric Abbruzzese, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Verimatrix updates list of certified chipsets
Jan 21, 2015 – Verimatrix has revealed the latest system-on-chip (SoC) families that have been certified compliant with Verimatrix Advanced Security. Cardless security requires a sophisticated SoC with embedded security features.
News categories: Verimatrix, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Monsoon Multimedia Adds Placeshifting to C2 Micro and Zenverge ICs
Jan 10, 2012 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced that it is porting its TV Anywhere placeshifting software engines to additional semiconductor platforms developed by C2 Microsystems, Inc. and Zenverge, Inc.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, C2 Micro, Zenverge, Middleware, OTT, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Celeno Closes $12M Investment Round
Nov 15, 2010 – Celeno Communications has announced that it has closed a $12 million funding round. The latest round includes new strategic investor Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB, LBTYK).
News categories: Celeno Communications, Liberty Global, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Venture Capital
Belgacom announces 2008 results
Mar 6, 2009 – The Belgacom Group (Brussels: BELG) has reported a revenue of EUR 5,986 million for full-year 2008. In 2008, Belgacom added 201,000 new TV users, a considerable rise compared to the 166,000 users in 2007.
News categories: Belgacom, Belgium, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020