Digital TV News: Tektronix
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Tektronix Video merges into Telestream
Apr 25, 2019 – Telestream has announced a partnership with Fortive (NYSE: FTV) to integrate Tektronix Video, a global leader in video test, monitoring and quality assurance solutions for the broadcast and digital media markets, into the Telestream business.
News categories: Telestream, Tektronix, Scott Puopolo, MnA, QoE, Worldwide
fuboTV adopts QoE monitoring solution from Tektronix
Aug 22, 2018 – Tektronix has announced that fuboTV is relying on the company for its Quality of Experience (QoE) monitoring. fuboTV is using Tektronix' Sentry which provides real-time video quality assurance across cloud and virtual streaming workflows.
News categories: Tektronix, fuboTV, Charlie Dunn, Billy Romero, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, QoE, USA
Tektronix announces HEVC test solutions for 4K workflows
Apr 4, 2016 – Tektronix has announced the industry's first end-to-end HEVC test solutions that provide deep insights into 4K workflows and will enable broadcasters, cable operators and other service providers to make a seamless transition to 4K.
News categories: Tektronix, Charlie Dunn, NABShow, QoE, Worldwide
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA 1.0 specification now available
Apr 22, 2009 – Aimed squarely at making the TV a simple, interactive hub of the digital home media network, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) consortium has announced the availability of the DiiVA 1.0 specification.
News categories: DiiVA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
IPTV Takes Center Stage at NAB Show
Feb 19, 2008 – The NAB Show will expand its IPTV offerings with a new conference series and super session that will provide telecommunications and wireless professionals with insight into converging technologies, state-of-the-art concepts and equipment for IPTV and other next generation video business.
News categories: NAB Show, IPTV, NABShow
Over 20 MPEG Industry Members Exhibiting at IBC 2007
Aug 23, 2007 – The MPEG Industry Forum is pleased to announce that 23 member companies will be exhibiting at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, between Friday, 7 September and Tuesday, 11 September 2007.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2019
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more
- Disney+ to reach 126 million subscribers globally