Digital TV News: Tektronix
OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
May 20, 2019 – With streaming rapidly becoming a high-priority investment area for media firms, the $62.0 million OTT monitoring and compliance (M&C) market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 15.8% to reach $149.7 million by 2024, according to Frost & Sullivan.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Robert Cavin, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
Tektronix Video merges into Telestream
Apr 25, 2019 – Telestream has announced a partnership with Fortive (NYSE: FTV) to integrate Tektronix Video, a global leader in video test, monitoring and quality assurance solutions for the broadcast and digital media markets, into the Telestream business.
News categories: Telestream, Tektronix, Scott Puopolo, MnA, QoE, Worldwide
fuboTV adopts QoE monitoring solution from Tektronix
Aug 22, 2018 – Tektronix has announced that fuboTV is relying on the company for its Quality of Experience (QoE) monitoring. fuboTV is using Tektronix' Sentry which provides real-time video quality assurance across cloud and virtual streaming workflows.
News categories: Tektronix, fuboTV, Charlie Dunn, Billy Romero, Digital TV, IBC2020, OTT, QoE, USA
Tektronix announces HEVC test solutions for 4K workflows
Apr 4, 2016 – Tektronix has announced the industry's first end-to-end HEVC test solutions that provide deep insights into 4K workflows and will enable broadcasters, cable operators and other service providers to make a seamless transition to 4K.
News categories: Tektronix, Charlie Dunn, NABShow, QoE, Worldwide
First DiiVA Prototypes Debut at CES
Jan 7, 2010 – The Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio™ (DiiVA™) consortium has announced that Sony has joined as a Promoter and Nikon and Toshiba as Contributors. The world's first DiiVA-enabled prototypes will be unveiled at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: DiiVA, Blu-ray, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart Home, Smart TV
DiiVA 1.0 specification now available
Apr 22, 2009 – Aimed squarely at making the TV a simple, interactive hub of the digital home media network, the Digital Interactive Interface for Video & Audio (DiiVA) consortium has announced the availability of the DiiVA 1.0 specification.
News categories: DiiVA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
IPTV Takes Center Stage at NAB Show
Feb 19, 2008 – The NAB Show will expand its IPTV offerings with a new conference series and super session that will provide telecommunications and wireless professionals with insight into converging technologies, state-of-the-art concepts and equipment for IPTV and other next generation video business.
News categories: NAB Show, IPTV, NABShow
Over 20 MPEG Industry Members Exhibiting at IBC 2007
Aug 23, 2007 – The MPEG Industry Forum is pleased to announce that 23 member companies will be exhibiting at IBC 2007 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, between Friday, 7 September and Tuesday, 11 September 2007.
News categories: Digital TV, IBC2020
- Youfone Android TV service powered by 24i and Amino
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding