Digital TV News: Telechips
Wyplay and SmarDTV to offer off-the-shelf Android TV platforms
Oct 22, 2019 – Wyplay and SmarDTV Global have joined forces to build a range of ready-to-deploy Android TV platforms. The platforms include STBs pre-integrated with TV middleware and Operator Tier Custom Launcher as well as a range of back-end software components.
News categories: Wyplay, SmarDTV, Dominique Feral, Guillaume Reillon, Android TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Telechips integrates Synamedia 4K CA with Android TV Pie
Feb 15, 2019 – Telechips has announced that it has been certified for Synamedia’s 4K conditional access system. Telechips' Lion SoCs can at the same time support Android TV Pie. The integration of Android TV Pie with Synamedia' 4K CAS is a world first.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, Stanley Kim, Android TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips Lion STB SoC CA-certified by Synamedia for 4K/UHD
Dec 20, 2018 – Telechips (KOSDAQ:054450) has announced that its Lion STB chipset has been certified by Synamedia for 4K conditional access. Lion is a next-generation UHD SoC that features low power consumption and enables the delivery of sophisticated UIs.
News categories: Telechips, Synamedia, BM Lee, Sue Couto, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips and Sigma Designs terminate their cooperation agreement
Aug 25, 2017 – Telechips and Sigma Designs have mutually agreed to terminate their joint cooperation agreement for the development and marketing of a common line of chipsets. Instead, Telechips licensed the key technologies provided by Sigma to aggressively pursue STB market opportunities.
News categories: Telechips, Sigma Designs, Digital TV, Licensing, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sigma Designs and Telechips to co-develop UHD IP-STB SoCs
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and Telechips (KOSDAQ: 054450) have announced that they are to jointly develop and market advanced SoC solutions for the new generation of ultra-high-definition IP streaming set-top boxes.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Telechips, Thinh Tran, JK Lee, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ACCESS and Telechips show world’s first Android HbbTV STB SoC at CES2016
Jan 6, 2016 – ACCESS CO. and Telechips have announced that they will host joint demonstrations at CES 2016 showing how operators can utilize HbbTV running on an Android hybrid TV to deliver content to Android users without compromising on security.
News categories: Telechips, ACCESS CO, Andrew Yong-kwon Lee, Dr. Neale Foster, CES2020, Digital TV, HbbTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Opera TV solutions to power Telechips' OTT platforms
Sep 9, 2015 – Opera Software has announced that with the support of the Opera Devices SDK 4.x series and the Opera TV Store, Telechips will be able to demonstrate live and over-the-top (OTT) premium content streams from partners, such as BBC iPlayer and hundreds of other TV apps.
News categories: Opera Software, Telechips, Aneesh Rajaram, Yongkwon Lee, Digital TV, HTML5, Middleware, OTT, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Telechips adds Sansa DRM to TCC896x processor
Jan 6, 2015 – Telechips and Sansa Security have announced a partnership to enable DRM for Telechips' TCC896x chipset. The partnership enables Telechips to provide a trusted execution environment (TEE) that complies with Hollywood studio standards.
News categories: Telechips, Sansa Security, Andrew Lee, Yossi Hermush, CES2020, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv