Digital TV News: Telecom Italia
TIM launches Android TV-based TIMvision decoder
May 26, 2016 – TIM is the first in Italy and among the first in Europe to launch a set-top box running on Android TV. Developed in collaboration with Google, the TIMvision set-top box brings digital entertainment to any home TV set.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Daniela Biscarini, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Streaming Video Alliance releases caching requirements and QoE guidelines
May 12, 2016 – The Streaming Video Alliance (SVA) has released its Open Caching Systems Functional Requirements and QoE Industry Guidelines, which are the culmination of collaboration and input from the SVA Open Caching and Quality of Experience (QoE) Working Groups.
News categories: Streaming Video Alliance, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Worldwide
TIMvision TV subscribers pass 500,000 in 4Q 2015
Feb 16, 2016 – Telecom Italia has announced preliminary results for the year to 31 December 2015. The company finished the year with 530,000 subscribers to its TIMvision TV service.
News categories: Telecom Italia, IPTV, Italy, Results, Subscribers
Google announces additional Android TV partners
Oct 1, 2015 – Google has said that Hisense and TCL have been added as Smart TV partners for Android TV. The company also announced that Pace, Sagemcom and Technicolor will manufacture set-top boxes, and that KDDI and Telecom Italia are planning to provide Pay TV services powered by Android TV.
News categories: Google, Android TV, Digital TV, Italy, Japan, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telecom Italia to add Netflix to TIMvision set-top box
Jul 29, 2015 – Telecom Italia and Netflix have announced an agreement to deliver access to Netflix to TIM's customers directly on the TIMvision set-top box, via TIM’s fixed ADSL and Ultra-Broadband (UBB) networks.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Netflix, Marco Patuano, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box
Alcatel-Lucent provides optical technology to Telecom Italia for ultra-broadband and TV services
Jun 3, 2015 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) is to provide its 100 Gbps agile optical networking technology to Telecom Italia as the Italian national service provider transforms its infrastructure to support the delivery of ultra-broadband internet and TV services.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telecom Italia, Roberto Loiola, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Italy, OTT
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
Frog by Wyplay powers Sky Italia HD decoders
Apr 21, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Sky Italia, in cooperation with Telecom Italia, are deploying a broadband HDTV decoder powered by Frog By Wyplay. The full Sky TV service offering will be deployed by Telecom Italia for their ultra-broadband customers.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky Italia, Jacques Bourgninaud, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box
TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
Apr 16, 2015 – Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that Sky Italia’s whole offer is now available as 'TIM Sky' to any of its customers that have a fibre-optic connection at 30 to 100 Mbit/s or 20 Mbit/s ADSL.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy
- 52% of U.S. Smart Speaker owners are controlling TV with voice
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020