Digital TV News: Telefónica
Telefónica deploys NAGRA content protection on Movistar IPTV worldwide
Jan 8, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Telefónica has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP) managing the NAGRA Connect client to secure its Movistar IPTV service and 4K Ultra HD content in multiple countries with newest STBs.
News categories: NAGRA, Telefónica, Maurice Van Riek, CES2019, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Set Top Box
2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
Dec 13, 2018 – Openwave Mobility has released its predictions for 2019. These predictions are based on some of the findings from the Mobile Video Industry Council - which includes Tier 1 mobile operators alongside key industry analysts.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Mobile Video Industry Council, John Giere, Matt Halligan, Indranil Chatterjee, Aman Brar, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
Dec 12, 2018 – While the Internet of Things (IoT) is primarily associated with the industrial and enterprise markets, there is an adjacent opportunity emerging for Mobile Services Providers (MSPs) to spur the growth of a consumer IoT market, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Pablo Tomasi, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
Dec 11, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the deployment by Telefónica of an IPTV/FTTH pay TV service in Argentina based on the Frog Source Set Top Box software from Wyplay. Wyplay provided Professional Services and support to Telefónica.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
Dec 11, 2018 – Telefónica España has announced the arrival of Netflix on Movistar. Movistar customers now have the option of new Fusión packages that includes Netflix, access to more mobile data and an additional mobile line.
News categories: Telefónica, Netflix, María Jesús Almazor, José María Álvarez-Pallete, Reed Hastings, María Ferreras, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Spain, UX
Rohde & Schwarz and Kathrein partner on LTE Broadcast trial in Germany
Dec 5, 2018 – As part of an LTE Broadcast research project, a Rohde & Schwarz transmitter has gone into operation at Bayerischer Rundfunk’s (BR) Wendelstein transmitter station. In addition, Kathrein has completed an antenna for test operation at BR’s transmitter site near Munich.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, Multiscreen
Telefónica announces partnerships for launch of Movistar Home
Oct 18, 2018 – Telefónica has announced Movistar Home, a home device that incorporates Aura, Telefónica’s AI system. The unit is equipped with a display so that users can manage Movistar+ content as well as the communications and connectivity of the device.
News categories: Telefónica, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Smart Home, Spain
Pay-TV in Latam grows at 1%, thanks to the World Cup
Oct 5, 2018 – After several quarter of losing subscribers, during Q2 2018 Latam’s Pay-TV market reached a quarterly growth of 1%. The World Cup has been the main factor of the change in trend. The market now exhibits 72.06 million of legal Pay-TV subscribers.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
DOTSCREEN UI integrated with AirTies' 4K/UHD STBs
Sep 6, 2018 – AirTies has announced a strategic partnership with DOTSCREEN, a multi-screen app developer and specialist UI agency, under which DOTSCREEN's user interface (UI) will be integrated into AirTies' 4K/UHD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: AirTies, DOTSCREEN, Metin Taskin, Stanislas Leridon, Pascal-Hippolyte Besson, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8