Digital TV News: Telekom Malaysia
Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
Jun 2, 2020 – Skyworth Digital and Unifi, the consumer brand for Telekom Malaysia, have celebrated the launch of the Unifi Plus Box – Unifi’s first 4K Android-based set-top box, providing access to all of Unifi’s digital entertainment services.
News categories: Skyworth, Telekom Malaysia, Moharmustaqeem Mohammed, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Netflix to be available through Telekom Malaysia
Aug 8, 2017 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) will be offering its customers access to Netflix from October 2017. TM customers who subscribe to the service will become Netflix members and will be able to enjoy unlimited viewing of content.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Netflix, Jeremy Kung, Tony Zameczkowski, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT
Telekom Malaysia showcases 4K with Huawei
Aug 9, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia via its IPTV service, HyppTV has showcased the Rio 2016 Olympic Games in 4K, a first in Malaysia, in an event at Sunway Pyramid. The event was held to preview HyppTV's innovation in TV broadcasting, together with technology partner, Huawei.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Huawei, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Abraham Liu, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Viu launches SVOD in Singapore with Singtel
Jul 8, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT video service, Viu, has launched its premium subscription service in Singapore with Singtel, the largest telecommunications company in Singapore, offering viewers unlimited downloads of their favourite content.
News categories: PCCW Media, Singtel, Janice Lee, Digital TV, OTT, Singapore
PCCW Media's Viu TV expands to India and Malaysia
Mar 4, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has launched Viu OTT mobile video entertainment service in India and Malaysia. Offered as a freemium service, Viu provides viewers in both markets with free access to thousands of hours of premium content for local users.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, India, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia and Vuclip launch OTT TV
Feb 22, 2016 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) and Viu, an Over-the-Top (OTT) video-on-demand (VOD) service from Vuclip, a PCCW media company, have announced their partnership with the launch of Viu in Malaysia. Viu is a freemium OTT service.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Vuclip, PCCW, Tan Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Jeremy Kung, Nickhil Jakatdar, Janice Lee, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Mobile, OTT
Telekom Malaysia launches HyppTV Everywhere mobile app
Jan 14, 2015 – Telekom Malaysia (TM) has enhanced its offering by making its IPTV service, HyppTV, available to all members of the public via its HyppTV Everywhere mobile app. The feature gives customers access to HyppTV over non-TM broadband networks.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Emily Wee, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Mobile, TV Everywhere
MYTV signs deal with Telekom Malaysia for DTT infrastructure
Nov 18, 2014 – MYTV Broadcasting and Telekom Malaysia (TM) have announced that they have signed an agreement for the provision of infrastructure and network facilities for digital terrestrial television (DTT) services in Malaysia.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
IPTV and cable TV subscribers on opposite trajectories
Nov 7, 2013 – According to Infonetics Research's Pay TV Subscriber Database, from 4Q12 to 1Q13, IPTV subscribers grew over 6% worldwide, while cable video subs declined around 1%.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Jeff Heynen, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert