Digital TV News: Telekom Austria
Telekom Austria adds 6,178 TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Aug 13, 2014 – Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the first half of 2014. The company finished the quarter with 483 thousand TV subscribers in Austria, Bulgaria and Croatia, up 6,178 in the quarter and 32,693 year-on-year.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
Dec 10, 2013 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Telekom Austria has launched its new direct2home (DTH) platform on Harmonic ProStream® 9100 with ACE® high-density stream processers and transcoders, SMD 9200 DVBS-S2 modulators, and NMX™ Digital Service Manager.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Stefan Meier, Austria, Content Distribution, Satellite
Telekom Austria selects Conax to secure new B2B satellite platform
Sep 26, 2013 – Conax has announced that Telekom Austria has deployed a new B2B DTH satellite platform targeting Central and Eastern Europe including centralized conditional access based on Conax Contego™ Plus to ensure protection of content assets cross-platform.
News categories: Conax, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Thomas Blichfeldt, Content Protection, Europe, Satellite
Telekom Austria enters satellite TV business with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2013 – Telekom Austria has announced with Eutelsat its entry into the business field of Satellite TV. The solution involves a B2B DTH platform uplinking TV signals via Telekom Austria's earth station in Aflenz/Styria to the EUTELSAT 16A satellite.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Eutelsat, Vipnet, Reinhard Zuba, Stefan Amon, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Adrian Jezina, Content Distribution, Croatia, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Hannes Ametsreiter, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, MnA, Satellite
ZTE Delivers New IPTV Experience to Mtel Customers in Bulgaria
Mar 4, 2013 – ZTE (Hong Kong:0763.HK Shenzhen: 000063.SZ) has announced that it is providing its IPTV solution to Mobitel (Mtel). Mtel's IPTV platform is now in commercial use delivering television services to TVs, PCs, tablets and mobile phones across Bulgaria.
News categories: ZTE, Mobitel, Telekom Austria, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
DVB-H mobile TV in Austria to end
Oct 14, 2010 – The broadcasting of DVB-H mobile TV signals in Austria is set to end. Mobile network operator 3 has confirmed that it has, along with partners Media Broadcast, Orange and Telekom Austria, decided to cease DVB-H broadcasting on December 31, 2010.
News categories: Hutchison, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile
Austria Telekom aonTV adds 38,000 subscribers in 2009
Feb 24, 2010 – Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for the quarter ending December 31, 2009. The Fixed Net segment increased its aonTV subscriber base by 58.8% to 101,300 subscribers in 4Q 09 compared to 63,800 subscribers in 4Q 08.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Telekom Austria customers get enhanced IPTV
Feb 15, 2010 – Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) will replace the IPTV platform of Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) in order to deliver content services to multiple devices eliminating barriers between the TV set and PCs, and introduce a new user interface.
News categories: Ericsson, Telekom Austria, Austria, Content Distribution, IPTV, Middleware
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019