Digital TV News: Telekom Slovenije
OBLO Living and Telekom Slovenije use an Android TV STB as a smart home hub
Sep 12, 2019 – OBLO Living has cooperated with Telekom Slovenije on a next-generation smart home concept using an Android set-top box as the home hub. The Telekom Slovenije smart living platform, NEO, will be presented at IBC 2019.
News categories: OBLO Living, Telekom Slovenije, Nikola Smiljkovic, Android TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Smart Home
Telekom Slovenije boosts User Experience with Caipy
Mar 2, 2017 – Telekom Slovenije has adopted Caipy to improve the user experience for its TV subscribers. With Caipy’s precise boundary detection, Telekom Slovenije will deliver popular Catch Up TV and TV recordings with a perfect start on playback.
News categories: Caipy, Telekom Slovenije, Jorg Nonnenmacher, Marko Kroflič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Slovenia, UX
Telekom Slovenije to offer TV over LTE/4G
May 22, 2015 – Telekom Slovenije has developed a solution to provide its users with internet, telephony, and TV over its LTE/4G network. The service will be offered to those users who live in areas where a broadband cable connection is not possible, but where LTE/4G is already available.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Matjaž Beričič, 5G, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Slovenia
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
Telekom Slovenije presents all-in-one OTT platform
Feb 20, 2014 – Telekom Slovenije has announced its white-label OTT solution for operators and media companies, based on its TViN platform. TViN is an all-in-one solution enabling service providers to expand their OTT TV service to multiple devices.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Simon Furlan, Pete Smith, Content Distribution, Europe, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
SMiT develops CAM for BoomTV services in Macedonia
Jan 15, 2014 – SMiT Corporation (SMiT) is working with BoomTV, a brand name of ONE Telecommunication Skopje, a part of Telekom Slovenije Group, to release a Viaccess CAM for subscribers in Macedonia.
News categories: SMiT Corp, BoomTV, Saso Srbakov, Bingyu Xiang, CAM, Content Protection, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Mobile, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Netgem opens up partner programme with its Home Cloud Software Development Kit
Mar 15, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that it has made its Home Cloud software development kit (SDK) available to application developers, Internet service providers and operator partners.
News categories: Netgem, IPTV, Middleware, Video Exchange
SiOL TV reaches 109k subscribers in Slovenia at end-2009
Mar 31, 2010 – Telekom Slovenia (Ljubljana:TLSG) has published the annual report of the Telekom Slovenia Group and Telekom Slovenije, d.d. for the year 2009. The number of IPTV subscribers was up 29% on a year earlier to pass 109,000 by the end of the year.
News categories: Telekom Slovenia, IPTV, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA