Digital TV News: Telekom Slovenije
BoomTV in Macedonia has 11,000 users at end-2009
Feb 25, 2010 – The Telekom Slovenia Group (Telekom Slovenije, d.d.) [Ljubljana:TLSG] has released its business report for 2009. At end-2009, Ipko in Kosovo had nearly 43,000 digital cable TV connections and BoomTV in Macedonian had over 11,000 television users.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, BoomTV, Ipko, Aneks, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 – In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
SiOL TV reaches 105k subscribers in Slovenia at end-3Q09
Nov 20, 2009 – The Telekom Slovenia Group (Telekom Slovenije, d.d.) [Ljubljana:TLSG] has released its business report for 3Q 2009. In Slovenia, the number of SiOL TV subscribers was up 59% on a year earlier to pass 105,000 at the end of the period.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Viaccess secures BoomTV DTT in Macedonia
Nov 12, 2009 – Viaccess (Paris and NYSE: FTE) has announced that Boom TV, the leading premium pay-TV operator in Macedonia, has selected Viaccess conditional access platform to secure its programming broadcast on its digital terrestrial television nationwide.
News categories: Viaccess, BoomTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
Macedonia's Cosmofon launches digital terrestrial TV
Sep 4, 2009 – This autumn, 95% of households in the Republic of Macedonia will have the opportunity to enjoy programmes with digital picture and sound, with the launch of Cosmofon's terrestrial television service.
News categories: Cosmofon, Digital TV, Macedonia, Terrestrial
Slovenia's SiOL TV reaches 101k subscribers at end-2Q09
Aug 28, 2009 – Telekom Slovenia (Ljubljana:TLSG) has reported results for the first six months of 2009. The number of IPTV subscribers has increased by 71% within one year to almost 102,000 at the end of June 2009.
News categories: SiOL TV, Aneks, Ipko, Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Telekom Slovenia exceeds 100k video subscribers
May 29, 2009 – Telekom Slovenia [Ljubljana:TLSG] has reported result for the period January to March 2009. The growth of IPTV (SiOL TV) continued with connections reaching 95,331. Cable television connections stood at 6,555 at the end of March 2009.
News categories: Telekom Slovenia, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Annual report of the Telekom Slovenia Group
Mar 27, 2009 – Telekom Slovenia (Ljubljana:TLSG) has published the annual report of the Telekom Slovenia Group and Telekom Slovenije, d.d. for year 2008. The number of IPTV service users grew in the year to almost 90,000.
News categories: SiOL TV, Telekom Slovenia, IPTV, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers
Telekom Slovenije to Secure SiOL IPTV With Verimatrix Solution
Mar 25, 2009 – Verimatrix has announced Telekom Slovenije as its latest customer to select the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV to protect video-on-demand (VOD) and live broadcast premium content.
News categories: Verimatrix, Telekom Slovenia, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Slovenia, Video Exchange
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020