Digital TV News: Telenor
Telenor to acquire majority stake in Finnish telecom operator DNA
Apr 9, 2019 – Telenor has agreed to acquire 54% of the shares in the Finnish telecom operator DNA for €20.90 per share in cash, in total €1.5 billion. With the transaction, Telenor gets a strong position across fixed and mobile in an attractive and growing telecom market.
News categories: Telenor, DNA, Sigve Brekke, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, MnA
Telenor and Nordija to deliver next generation TV and media platform
Mar 29, 2019 – Nordija has signed a contract with Telenor Sweden to deliver a next generation TV and media system that enables customers to consume content on all devices and platforms.
News categories: Nordija, Telenor, Jeroen van Vliet, Leif Björklund, Digital TV, Sweden, UX
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Telenor extends cable service assurance with Agama
May 31, 2018 – Agama has announced that Telenor in Norway has extended its cable video assurance capabilities with Agama network probes, as well as implementing Agama SCALE - the next generation Agama analytics and assurance platform.
News categories: Agama, Telenor, Mikael Dahlgren, Tommy Hexeberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, Norway, QoE
Telenor, Huawei and WowBox launch video streaming app in Myanmar
May 29, 2018 – Telenor Myanmar, in cooperation with Huawei and WowBox, has launched a video streaming application intended to leverage each parties’ capabilities in innovation, network and technology. The Android application is named WowPlay.
News categories: Telenor, Huawei, Joslin Myrthong, Wen Tao, Apps, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Canal Digital renews OTT cloud partnership with Xstream
Feb 20, 2018 – Xstream has announced that Canal Digital has renewed its business relationship with Xstream enabling the continued use of its OTT cloud technology and managed operation services in the Nordic markets.
News categories: Xstream, Canal Digital, Michael Rasmussen, Henke Erichsen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
Nov 20, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefonica, were the leading telecom groups in Europe in term of revenue. Revenue for the top 10 was €51 billion in the quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Telefónica, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
Telenor Hungary MyTV now available on the Xiaomi Mi Box
Jul 12, 2017 – Xiaomi's Mi Box is now available from Telenor. Telenor Hungary's customers can now enjoy Telenor’s online television service in their living room on yet another device. Using Mi Box, they can watch television via Wi-Fi rather than cable.
News categories: Telenor, Xiaomi, Android TV, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, OTT, Set Top Box
UPC DTH extends agreement with Telenor Satellite for 1°W
May 9, 2017 – Telenor Satellite has announced that it has extended its satellite distribution agreement with UPC DTH. Telenor will continue to provide UPC DTH with satellite capacity on its THOR 5, THOR 6 and THOR 7 satellites.
News categories: UPC DTH, Telenor Satellite, Michael Lee, Morten Tengs, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto