Digital TV News: Telenor
Fibre becomes leading technology for pay TV distribution in Norway
May 13, 2019 – Fibre has become the leading technology for the distribution of pay TV in Norway according to the country's National Communications Authority (Nkom). At the end of 2018, there were over 2.2 million TV subscriptions in the country, 28,000 fewer than a year earlier.
News categories: Nkom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Telenor and Axiata enter discussions to merge Asian operations
May 6, 2019 – Telenor and Axiata Group are in discussions regarding a potential non-cash combination of their telecom and infrastructure assets in Asia, in which Telenor would take a majority stake. It is anticipated that Telenor will own 56.5% and Axiata will own 43.5%.
News categories: Telenor, Axiata, Gunn Wærsted, Sigve Brekke, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, MnA, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand
Telenor to acquire majority stake in Finnish telecom operator DNA
Apr 9, 2019 – Telenor has agreed to acquire 54% of the shares in the Finnish telecom operator DNA for €20.90 per share in cash, in total €1.5 billion. With the transaction, Telenor gets a strong position across fixed and mobile in an attractive and growing telecom market.
News categories: Telenor, DNA, Sigve Brekke, Cable TV, Digital TV, Finland, MnA
Telenor and Nordija to deliver next generation TV and media platform
Mar 29, 2019 – Nordija has signed a contract with Telenor Sweden to deliver a next generation TV and media system that enables customers to consume content on all devices and platforms.
News categories: Nordija, Telenor, Jeroen van Vliet, Leif Björklund, Digital TV, Sweden, UX
SeaChange acquires Xstream
Feb 11, 2019 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that it has acquired privately-held Xstream A/S. SeaChange paid $4.6 million in cash and 541,738 shares of SeaChange common stock, for a total transaction value as of February 6, 2019 of $5.5 million.
News categories: SeaChange, Xstream, Ed Terino, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Telenor extends cable service assurance with Agama
May 31, 2018 – Agama has announced that Telenor in Norway has extended its cable video assurance capabilities with Agama network probes, as well as implementing Agama SCALE - the next generation Agama analytics and assurance platform.
News categories: Agama, Telenor, Mikael Dahlgren, Tommy Hexeberg, Cable TV, Digital TV, Norway, QoE
Telenor, Huawei and WowBox launch video streaming app in Myanmar
May 29, 2018 – Telenor Myanmar, in cooperation with Huawei and WowBox, has launched a video streaming application intended to leverage each parties’ capabilities in innovation, network and technology. The Android application is named WowPlay.
News categories: Telenor, Huawei, Joslin Myrthong, Wen Tao, Apps, Digital TV, Myanmar, OTT
Canal Digital renews OTT cloud partnership with Xstream
Feb 20, 2018 – Xstream has announced that Canal Digital has renewed its business relationship with Xstream enabling the continued use of its OTT cloud technology and managed operation services in the Nordic markets.
News categories: Xstream, Canal Digital, Michael Rasmussen, Henke Erichsen, Content Distribution, Denmark, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
Nov 20, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefonica, were the leading telecom groups in Europe in term of revenue. Revenue for the top 10 was €51 billion in the quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Telefónica, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019