Digital TV News: Telestream
Thirty-nine more companies join the SRT Alliance
Mar 21, 2019 – The SRT Alliance has announced that 39 more companies have recently endorsed the SRT protocol for low latency video streaming, including broadcast industry giants Imagine Communications, Net Insight, Red Bee Media and Telestream.
News categories: SRT Alliance, David Heppe, Steve Russell, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Telestream video streaming supports V-Nova PERSEUS Plus codec
Nov 8, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that its PERSEUS Plus codec will be supported by Telestream’s Lightspeed Live video streaming system, which is used by numerous major operators and video service providers worldwide.
News categories: V-Nova, Telestream, Guido Meardi, Scott Murray, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Unitymedia adopts Telestream iQ for video monitoring and analytics
Jun 19, 2018 – Telestream has announced a project with Unitymedia that sees Unitymedia adopting advanced video monitoring and analytics platforms throughout its network. In addition, Telestream will supply intelligent media processing and file-based QC.
News categories: Telestream, Unitymedia, Telestream, Florian Münz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, QoE
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Telestream helps Calkins Media go OTT on Verizon VOD platform
Apr 11, 2017 – Telestream has announced that regional media company, Calkins Media Incorporated, is using Telestream Cloud Services to deliver OTT channels to its audiences through the Verizon VOD platform.
News categories: Telestream, Calkins Media, Jake Volcsko, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
Apr 23, 2014 – A recent Competitive Assessment by ABI Research, looking at the multiscreen encoder market, found a virtual tie between well-established Harmonic and rapidly growing start-up Elemental.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Content Distribution, Market Research, Mobile, Worldwide
Microsoft Smooth Streaming Provides True High-Definition Video Delivery
Apr 20, 2009 – Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) has released Smooth Streaming, a feature of Internet Information Services (IIS) Media Services. IIS Media Services is an HTTP-based media delivery platform that includes extensions for measuring, monetizing and caching media.
News categories: IIS, Content Distribution, Media Player, NABShow, OTT
World Video Encoders Market to Exceed US$3.2 Billion by 2015, According to a New Report by Global Industry Analysts, Inc.
Dec 3, 2007 – World Video Encoders market is forecast to maintain an impressive CAGR of over 22% over the 2005-2015 analysis period and exceed US$3.2 billion by 2015.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Report Overview, Broadcasting, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial
Microsoft Announces New Partners, Customers and Programs at IBC2007 to Further Its Digital Media Strategy
Sep 7, 2007 – This week at IBC2007, Microsoft Corp. is announcing new customers, partners and programs that further underscore the value Microsoft provides to organizations in the media and entertainment industry.
News categories: Microsoft, Michael O'Hara, Content Distribution, Content Protection, IBC2019, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Software
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV