Digital TV News: TeliaSonera
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Digital Content Revenues to Exceed $180bn by 2017
Jun 8, 2016 – A new study from Juniper Research has found that consumer spend on digital content will reach $180 billion next year, up by nearly 30% on last year’s figure of just under $140 billion.
News categories: Juniper Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
TeliaSonera reports 3Q 2015 results
Oct 20, 2015 – TeliaSonera has released its Interim Report for the January–September 2015 period. The total number of TV subscribers for the Group increased by 17 thousand in the third quarter to pass 1.6 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Fixed broadband subscribers to approach 1 billion in 2019
Apr 9, 2015 – According to Infonetics Research (NYSE: IHS) fixed broadband subscribers grew 8% in 2014, reaching 733 million as service providers continue to steadily add subscribers. Subscriber growth is being driven by FTTH and DOCSIS 3.0.
News categories: Infonetics, Jeff Heynen, Broadband, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
Nov 21, 2014 – EMT/Elion has announced the trial launch of minuTV, an OTT video-on-demand service open to everyone in Estonia with an internet connection. The service is accessible via Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux-based platforms.
News categories: Elion, minuTV, Apps, Digital TV, Estonia, OTT, TV Everywhere
TeliaSonera adds 97,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 30, 2014 – TeliaSonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 97,000 from the end of the fourth quarter of 2012 to 1.4 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 – TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 155,000 TV subscribers in 2012
Jan 31, 2013 – Teliasonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2012 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 155,000 from the fourth quarter of 2011 and by 43,000 during the quarter to 1.3 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Verimatrix Provides Advanced Revenue Security to Samsung Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that Samsung Smart TVs will offer its ViewRight® security software to support premium IP and OTT video services. Apps that pay-TV operators build for such TVs will be able to take advantage of ViewRight client security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Samsung, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, OTT, Smart TV
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0