Digital TV News: Thaicom
TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8
Jan 14, 2019 – Thaicom (THCOM) has announced that True Visions has signed a transponder capacity contract for its pay TV service in Thailand. True Visions has retained Ku-band transponders on the new Thaicom-8 satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, TrueVisions, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
Mar 21, 2018 – Thaicom (Bangkok: THCOM) has announced the signature of a contract with CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar as part of CANAL+ Myanmar’s launch of a DTH pay TV platform. CANAL+ Overseas Myanmar has leased 4 transponders on THAICOM 6.
News categories: Thaicom, CANAL+, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Patompob Suwansiri, Erwan Luherne, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Myanmar, Satellite
Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
Jul 24, 2017 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a transponder leasing agreement with MV International Company Limited (MVI), a leading Thai broadcaster and DTH platform operator, to establish a pay TV platform in Laos.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Kuntima Sarika, Chaiyuth Tavipvordech, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
Thaicom, Huawei and Starcor plan OTT TV platform for Thailand
Jun 6, 2017 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed an MOU with Huawei and Starcor Media for the development of an OTT platform in Thailand. The OTT ecosystem will enable telecom operators to integrate OTT services with their products and deliver the content to multiscreen devices.
News categories: Thaicom, Huawei, Starcor Media, Patompob Suwansiri, Robin Lu, Ivan Zhang, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Thailand
V-Nova to debut PERSEUS 2 at the NABShow
Apr 3, 2017 – V-Nova has announced the launch of the next generation V-Nova PERSEUS. V-Nova PERSEUS 2 expands the codec’s capability to enhance performance, simplify deployment into real-world environments and reduce operating costs through improved efficiency.
News categories: V-Nova, Nokia, FastFilmz, Thaicom, Guido Meardi, Pav Kudlac, Karam Malhotra, Teerayuth Boonchote, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
InfoSat-Laos launches DTH on THAICOM 8
Oct 11, 2016 – Thaicom has announced that it has signed a contract with InfoSat-Laos for the launch of a DTH platform on the THAICOM 8 satellite. The platform has more than 15 channels available in both SD and HD formats.
News categories: Thaicom, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Somsouk Souksavath, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Laos, Satellite
Modest revenue growth for satellite operators in 2013
Aug 13, 2014 – According to Euroconsult, the Fixed Satellite Service industry generated $12.2 billion in revenues in 2013, corresponding to 2% growth over revenues in 2012. 60% of revenue-generating FSS operators experienced a revenue growth slowdown in 2013.
News categories: Euroconsult, Nathan de Ruiter, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Worldwide
Thaicom to broadcast HD-DTT channels direct-to-home via satellite
Jul 3, 2014 – Thaicom has announced that it is putting together a plan with Thailand's digital terrestrial television (DTT) operators to begin broadcasting their high definition (HD) DTT channels direct to home via satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, Suphajee Suthumpun, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
Thaicom gets ready for digital TV trial run
Mar 26, 2014 – Thaicom, in cooperation with broadcasters and providers of set-top-boxes, will start broadcasting Digital Terrestrial TV (DTT) signals in Thailand on a trial basis from the 1st of April.
News categories: Thaicom, Paiboon Panuwattanawong, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial, Thailand
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry