Digital TV News: The Cable Show
ViXS Reports First Quarter Fiscal 2015 Results
Jun 5, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX:VXS) has reported its first quarter fiscal 2015 results for the period ended April 30, 2014. ViXS reported Q1FY15 revenue of $7.4 million, total comprehensive loss of $5.1 million and non-IFRS net loss of $4.5 million.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Gateway, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amazon gaining traction in connected home technology market
May 1, 2014 – Parks Associates has announced new research showing Amazon has made significant gains in the OTT video market as nearly 20% of all U.S. broadband households now have an Amazon Prime Instant Video subscription.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Vodafone selects Edgeware for FTTH video delivery in the Netherlands
Apr 30, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Vodafone NL has deployed Edgeware´s Distributed Video Delivery Networks (D-VDN) Solution to deliver the Vodafone Thuis service to its Dutch fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) subscribers.
News categories: Edgeware, Vodafone, Ruud van den Oosterkamp, Joachim Roos, Content Distribution, Fibre, IPTV, Netherlands
Entropic ships more than 5 million chipsets for HD-DTAs in North America
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than five million set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions for North American cable operator HD-DTAs (High-Definition Digital Transport Adapters).
News categories: Entropic, Matt Rhodes, Cable TV, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Pace 'Elements' middleware now RDK-compliant
Apr 30, 2014 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that its Elements middleware now has full RDK compatibility. Elements is based on open source components and supports the design, delivery and management of digital content and services into and around the home.
News categories: Pace plc, Steve Heeb, Jonathan Cobb, Cable TV, RDK, Set Top Box, USA
Entropic STB SoCs complete Conax certification
Apr 30, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has completed the integration of the Conax conditional access core module into its advanced line of multimedia set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) products.
News categories: Entropic, Conax, Hans Kwaaitaal, Matt Rhodes, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor demonstrates industry’s first 4Kp60 set-top box
Apr 29, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH) has announced the availability of world’s first 'high-frame-rate' 4Kp60 (60 frames per second) Set Top Box, which will be showcased during The Cable Show.
News categories: Technicolor, Michel Rahier, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Minerva demonstrates RDK-compliant solution for TV services over cable
Apr 29, 2014 – Minerva Networks has demonstrated a complete IP/QAM solution for the delivery of multiscreen television services to RDK gateways and connected consumer devices.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Eric Freund, Mukul Krishna, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Mobile, RDK, USA
RVU Alliance launches certification program for 4K devices
Apr 29, 2014 – The RVU Alliance has announced the launch of the RVU Certification program for Ultra High Definition devices, along with an expansion of the RVU membership roster.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Henry Derovanessian, Gateway, QoE, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware