Digital TV News: Thierry Fautier
Octoshape demonstrates 4K end-to-end OTT/IPTV with Harmonic and AirTies
May 13, 2014 – Octoshape has announced an interoperability demonstration of 4k stream resolution delivered over the public Internet to consumer set-top boxes (STBs), with technology from Harmonic and AirTies Wireless Networks.
News categories: Octoshape, Harmonic, AirTies, Bulent Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Harmonic and Nagra Team to Power the World's First Commercial MPEG-DASH OTT Multiscreen Service
Sep 7, 2012 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that it has teamed up with Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) to power an innovative cloud-based OTT video service for broadcasters and pay-TV service providers offered jointly by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
News categories: Harmonic, Nagra, Abertis Telecom, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Spain
Belgium's Alpha Networks Selects Harmonic to Power IPTV and OTT Multiscreen Video Services
Jun 5, 2012 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Belgian telecom operator Alpha Networks has launched its Billi IPTV and OTT services, as well as hosted service offerings, based on Harmonic video processing, server, and storage solutions.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Alpha Networks, ANGA COM, Belgium, Content Distribution, IPTV, OTT, TV Everywhere
Minerva Unveils First Complete Broadband TV Solution
Apr 17, 2012 – Minerva Networks has revealed a complete pay television solution deployable over broadband networks. Built on Minerva iTVFusion 5, the new Broadband TV (BBTV) service combines linear and on-demand video content over a service provider's data network.
News categories: Minerva, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Dolby Release for Online Standard Powers Multiscreen Entertainment
Apr 16, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced the availability of a development kit to bring the full power of Dolby® Digital Plus premium-quality multichannel audio to partners that leverage the MPEG Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH) standard.
News categories: Dolby, NABShow, OTT
Industry Players Unite to Promote MPEG-DASH Adaptive Streaming
Feb 22, 2012 – A group of technology leaders has announced the creation of the DASH Promoters Group, a new organization dedicated to driving the broad adoption of MPEG's DASH (dynamic adaptive streaming over HTTP) standard, which was ratified in November 2011.
News categories: DASH Promoters Group, OTT
SyncTV Accelerates Momentum in OTT Video Market with Tenth Customer Launch this Year
Sep 7, 2011 – SyncTV has announced that it has reached a significant achievement of 10 live customer deployments for this year alone, with several more major deployments such as M6 in France (Part of RTL Group) scheduled to go live by year-end.
News categories: SyncTV, Content Distribution, IBC2019, OTT
Harmonic to Demonstrate New Solutions for Multi-Screen Video at IBC 2009
Aug 28, 2009 – At IBC 2009, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will showcase its comprehensive solution portfolio for video delivery to a variety of devices, including the TV, PC, iPhone, and other mobile devices.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, Content Distribution, IBC2019
Harmonic Demonstrates Converged Video Delivery Solutions at Mobile World Congress 2009
Feb 16, 2009 – Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will feature its unique content preparation and transcoding solutions for mobile video delivery to various networks and devices (broadcast, 3G/4G, Internet and sync-and-go).
News categories: Harmonic Inc, 5G, Content Distribution, Mobile, MWC19
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching