Digital TV News: Thijs Bijleveld
Vodafone Germany selects Metrological Application Platform
Jan 23, 2019 – Vodafone Germany has chosen Metrological to bring apps and OTT content to the GigaTV platform. Users will have access to OTT services, content and apps integrated into the GigaTV UI via the Metrological Application Platform.
News categories: Metrological, Vodafone, Thijs Bijleveld, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
Dec 12, 2018 – Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) has chosen Metrological to deliver the integrated Turkcell TV App Store, available to all Turkcell TV+ subscribers. Turkcell will have a unique TV App Store personalized for their TV+ subscribers across Turkey.
News categories: Metrological, Turkcell, Thijs Bijleveld, Baris Zavaroglu, Apps, Digital TV, Turkey
beIN taps Metrological for integrated OTT and app experiences
Jun 5, 2018 – beIN has announced that it has selected Metrological to provide its new integrated TV app experience. The App Store service will be available on beIN’s Hybrid Satellite and IP legacy and new OTT STBs for customers in the Middle East, Turkey and North Africa.
News categories: Metrological, beIN Media, Thijs Bijleveld, Mohammed Al Subaie, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey
NOS selects Metrological to deliver integrated OTT experiences
Sep 27, 2017 – NOS is advancing its UMA personalized television experience to the next level with the deployment of Metrological’s Application Platform, WPE (Web Platform for Embedded) browser and WPE cloud architecture.
News categories: Metrological, NOS, Thijs Bijleveld, Pedro Bandeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Portugal, Set Top Box
Technicolor adopts Metrological browser for 4K cable and IP STBs
Sep 7, 2017 – Metrological has announced that Technicolor is adopting Metrological’s Application Platform and Web-Platform for Embedded (WPE) on the Technicolor 4K Ultra HD hybrid cable and IP set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Metrological, Technicolor, Thijs Bijleveld, Mercedes Pastor, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Tele Columbus deploys Metrological's Application Platform
Jan 26, 2017 – Tele Columbus is deploying Metrological's Application Platform to provide an integrated OTT app experience as part of its recently launched advanceTV entertainment offering. advanceTV is Tele Columbus' next-generation multi-screen video experience.
News categories: Metrological, Tele Columbus, Thijs Bijleveld, Stefan Beberweil, Apps, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market