Digital TV News: Thomas Helbo
Com Hem upgrades Verimatrix protection for Android TV deployment
Sep 4, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Com Hem has upgraded to VCAS Ultra to provide pay-TV security for a new deployment. Built on the Android N (Nougat) operating system, a new STB is being rolled out to Com Hem's 1.4 million subscribers.
News categories: Verimatrix, Com Hem, Steve Oetegenn, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Eurofins to provide testing and validation for Com Hem's Android TV STB
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA COM 2018, Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by Com Hem to provide automated testing and service validation for Com Hem's Tv Hub. Tv Hub is an Android TV Ultra HD/4K Hybrid STB.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Com Hem, Johan Craeybeckx, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, ANGA COM, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
Apr 13, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Com Hem has selected the 3SS 3READY Android TV Client with custom launcher to power its new Android TV UHD-4K Hybrid STB, the Com Hem Tv Hub
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Com Hem, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Helbo, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Stofa selects VisualOn QoS for multiscreen OTT
Jun 8, 2016 – VisualOn has announced that Stofa has selected the company to provide its WebTV OTT Player with the ability to manage QOS on end-point devices using its VisualOn OnStream® Analytics software.
News categories: VisualOn, Stofa, Andy Lin, Thomas Helbo, Cable TV, Denmark, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
Elemental provides Stofa with video processing for multiscreen services
May 12, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Stofa is using Elemental video processing solutions to process, package and manage live linear channels in real time for its catch-up TV and multiscreen video services.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Stofa, Thomas Helbo, John Nemeth, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Mobile
Stofa deploys Cisco CCAP solution in Denmark
Jan 20, 2014 – Danish broadband and cable TV-provider Stofa has deployed Cisco's Converged Cable Access Platform (CCAP), enabling it to simultaneously handle VOD and broadband traffic within the same access platform.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Stofa, Thomas Helbo, Yves Padrines, Torben Drews, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV
Verimatrix enhances revenue security for new Stofa online TV service
Jun 4, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that Stofa, Denmark's second largest cable operator, has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV to provide an enhanced revenue security foundation for its SmartTv OTT offering.
News categories: Verimatrix, Stofa, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
NEOTION providing STOFA with Advanced VOD CAM solution
Sep 7, 2012 – The advanced VOD CAMs developed by NEOTION have been specifically tailored for STOFA's range of pay TV services, and embed an interactive application providing access to the same range of services and applications as with hybrid set top boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, Stofa, Cable TV, CAM, Denmark, IBC2019, Smart TV
Stofa Selects Irdeto and Neotion to deliver Pay TV without Set-Top Boxes or Smart Cards
Sep 9, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Danish pay TV operator, Stofa, has chosen an end to end solution from Irdeto and Neotion to protect and deliver its advanced Zaptor pay TV offering directly to TVs without requiring a set-top box.
News categories: NEOTION, Irdeto, Stofa, Cable TV, CAM, Denmark, IBC2019
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019