Digital TV News: Thomas Norén
Vodafone, Qualcomm and Ericsson to lab test 5G processor and smartphone form factor device
Feb 7, 2019 – Vodafone UK, Qualcomm and Ericsson are conducting ‘over the air’ tests with 5G technology and a device that is similar in size to the 5G mobile phones that are being developed. 5G smartphones will enable extremely high resolution video streaming and gaming on the go.
News categories: Vodafone, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Nick Jeffery, Enrico Salvatori, Thomas Noren, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smartphone, UK
Europe's first live trial of LTE Broadcast
Feb 25, 2014 – Vodafone Germany has announced that it is the first European carrier to conduct live tests with LTE Broadcast. The trial, in collaboration with Ericsson, Qualcomm and Samsung, took place at Borussia Mönchengladbach's stadium on Saturday 22 February.
News categories: Ericsson, Vodafone, Eric Kuisch, Thomas Norén, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Telstra and Ericsson conduct world's first LTE broadcast on live network
Oct 28, 2013 – Telstra has announced that it has completed the world's first LTE Broadcast session on a commercial LTE network. Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) LTE Broadcast Solution was successfully activated and tested on Telstra's live network with the transmission of concurrent video feeds and large files to enabled devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Qualcomm, Mike Wright, Thomas Norén, Mazen Chmaytelli, 5G, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform