Digital TV News: Thomas Noren
Vodafone, Qualcomm and Ericsson to lab test 5G processor and smartphone form factor device
Feb 7, 2019 – Vodafone UK, Qualcomm and Ericsson are conducting ‘over the air’ tests with 5G technology and a device that is similar in size to the 5G mobile phones that are being developed. 5G smartphones will enable extremely high resolution video streaming and gaming on the go.
News categories: Vodafone, Qualcomm, Ericsson, Nick Jeffery, Enrico Salvatori, Thomas Noren, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smartphone, UK
Europe's first live trial of LTE Broadcast
Feb 25, 2014 – Vodafone Germany has announced that it is the first European carrier to conduct live tests with LTE Broadcast. The trial, in collaboration with Ericsson, Qualcomm and Samsung, took place at Borussia Mönchengladbach's stadium on Saturday 22 February.
News categories: Ericsson, Vodafone, Eric Kuisch, Thomas Norén, 5G, Digital TV, Germany, Mobile
Telstra and Ericsson conduct world's first LTE broadcast on live network
Oct 28, 2013 – Telstra has announced that it has completed the world's first LTE Broadcast session on a commercial LTE network. Ericsson's (NASDAQ:ERIC) LTE Broadcast Solution was successfully activated and tested on Telstra's live network with the transmission of concurrent video feeds and large files to enabled devices.
News categories: Ericsson, Telstra, Qualcomm, Mike Wright, Thomas Norén, Mazen Chmaytelli, 5G, Content Distribution, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism