Digital TV News: Thomas Wrede
SES, Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear revolutionise satellite TV home distribution with industry's first IP-LNB
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG), Inverto, Abilis and MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) have announced that they have designing an essential component for cost-effective IP distribution of satellite television to the home - the first LNB incorporating 8-channel satellite-to-IP bridging technology.
News categories: SES S.A, Inverto, Abilis, MaxLinear, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home
SES to pioneer first Ultra HD transmission in HEVC at SES Industry Days
Apr 22, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that, together with partners Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM), it has pioneered the first Ultra HD transmission in the new HEVC standard live from an ASTRA satellite at 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Harmonic Inc, Broadcom, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Certifies New Zinwell SAT>IP Converter
Nov 2, 2012 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced the certification of a SAT>IP converter by Zinwell. With SAT>IP, satellite-delivered programmes are converted into IP standard at the point of reception for distribution around the home to smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SES S.A, Zinwell, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home
First 4K Ultra High Definition Transmission via ASTRA 3B
Sep 7, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) is collaborating with Sony (Tokyo:6758; NYSE:SNE) to show IBC visitors a live satellite transmission of 4K UHDTV content. The video is played out in Quad Full HD format encoded in H.264 at a data rate of 50 Mbit/s.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite
MaxLinear Teams with SES on SAT>IP ICs Based on Full Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Technology
Sep 7, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) and SES (Paris:SESG) (LuxX:SESG) have announced at the IBC 2012 trade show that the two companies are collaborating on multichannel satellite receiver ICs for next generation satellite-to-IP (SAT>IP) systems.
News categories: Maxlinear, SES S.A, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor
SES Unveils IP-based in-home Distribution of Satellite TV Signals
Apr 27, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG), together with industry partners, has announced the introduction of SAT-IP, an IP-based satellite reception technology that demodulates and converts satellite signals to IP for further in-home distribution.
News categories: SES S.A., Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Smart Home
SES Astra and iPONT to partner for 'live' 3D broadcast on glasses-free 3DTV at IBC 2011
Aug 30, 2011 – iPONT International and SES ASTRA (Paris, LuxX: SESG) will demonstrate 'live' 3D broadcasts on glasses-free 3DTV technology on SES stand 1.B51 at IBC 2011.
News categories: SES ASTRA, iPONT, IBC2019, Smart TV, VR
Entropic Communications Announces Its Channel Stacking Switch Technology Supports ASTRA'S Single Cable LNB Specifications
Jun 12, 2008 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Channel Stacking Switch products support the ASTRA Single Cable Low Noise Block (LNB) down converter technical specification.
News categories: Entropic Communications, MTI, SES-ASTRA, DVR, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature