Digital TV News: Thomson Broadcast
Thomson Broadcast returns to the U.S. targeting ATSC 3.0
Apr 2, 2019 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that it is expanding its business to the United States in response to what it sees as a invigorated broadcast television market spurred by the channel repack and the deployment of ATSC 3.0 Next Gen TV.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Groupe Sipromad, Aby Alexander, Jay Yogeshwar, Ylias Akbaraly, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
Sep 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its HD/SD encoding and video processing solutions are being deployed as part of a pilot digital terrestrial television (DTT) video headend for CNM-TNT, the Ivory Coast committee heading the country's transition to digital.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Thomson Broadcast, Christophe Delahousse, Pascal Veillat, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Azerbaijan's B&B TV Chooses Thomson Transmitters for HD Broadcasts
Oct 4, 2012 – Thomson Broadcast has announced that B&B TV Communication, the entity responsible for wireless-cable broadcasting of radio and television channels in Azerbaijan, has purchased Thomson's latest DVB-T/DVB-T2 Elite 100 GreenPower transmitters.
News categories: Thomson, B&B TV, Azerbaijan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
BRIC Countries to Drive DTT Receiver Market
Jul 23, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the DTT Receiver market. The active base for DTT Receivers is projected to reach 2.4 billion units by 2018, driven by TV digitization in the BRIC countries.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Towercom Bulgaria Selects Thomson for New DTTV Network
Nov 16, 2010 – Towercom Bulgaria has selected Thomson Broadcast as a strategic supplier in the rollout of a DVB-T-based digital terrestrial television (DTTV) network across Bulgaria.
News categories: Thomson Broadcast, Towercom, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Terrestrial
Irdeto Participates in First Joint Mobile TV Trial in Spain
Feb 14, 2007 – Irdeto has announced the successful conclusion of laboratory trials of the Irdeto Mobile Broadcast conditional access system with Abertis Telecom.
News categories: Irdeto, Abertis Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, MWC19, Spain
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine