Digital TV News: TiVo Corp
TiVo and University of Waterloo investigate 360° video on head-mounted devices
May 14, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with the University of Waterloo that will begin with a project investigating methods to enhance the user quality-of-experience for 360° omnidirectional video on head-mounted devices.
News categories: TiVo Corp, University of Waterloo, Arvin Patel, Dave Shull, Zhou Wang, Digital TV, USA, UX, VR
TiVo Stream 4K launches in U.S. retail
May 6, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo Stream 4K, providing customers with a unifying streamer. Consumers can access live television from SLING TV alongside their favorite streaming video services.
News categories: TiVo, Sling TV, Dave Shull, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo devices to get Pluto TV
May 5, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a partnership with Pluto TV. The deal brings greater viewing options to TiVo, promoting ease of discovery and one-click access to Pluto TV programming. Pluto TV will be rolling out to TiVo devices in the coming weeks.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pluto TV, Dave Shull, Tom Ryan, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Federal Circuit affirms ITC import ban on Comcast X1 STBs
Mar 2, 2020 – The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has ruled in favor of TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) in its dispute with Comcast. The court affirmed the ITC's jurisdiction and their decision to ban the importation of Comcast STBs infringing Rovi patents.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Comcast, Arvin Patel, Cable TV, Digital TV, Patent, Set Top Box, USA
Xperi and TiVo to combine in all-stock transaction
Dec 19, 2019 – Xperi (Nasdaq: XPER) and TiVo (Nasdaq: TIVO) have entered into a definitive agreement to combine to create a consumer and entertainment technology business with one of the industry’s largest intellectual property (IP) licensing platforms.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Xperi Corp, David Shull, Jon Kirchner, Big Data, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, MnA, Mobile, Patent, Silicon IP, Smart Home, UX, Worldwide
TiVo launches TiVo+ streaming platform and TiVo EDGE STB
Oct 1, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has revealed TiVo+, its video network, and TiVo EDGE, a device for home entertainment viewing. TiVo+ delivers live and on-demand streaming to viewers in an app-free environment. TiVo EDGE is a 4K UHD box, designed to work with an HD antenna or digital cable.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Dave Shull, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA, UX
TiVo introduces DTT STB in Canada
Oct 1, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has introduced to the Canadian market its TiVo EDGE for antenna, a 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) capable, all-in-one media device designed to work with an HD antenna and equipped with a premium on-screen user experience.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Ted Malone, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
Sep 13, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Liberty Latin America has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform for its video customers in Puerto Rico. Liberty Latin America also plans to launch the platform in other markets across Latin America.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Liberty Latin America, Dave Shull, Vivek Khemka, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Puerto Rico, Set Top Box, UX
TiVo Corporation Reports Second Quarter 2019 Financial Results
Jul 31, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2019. According to the company, 55 of its 56 North American MSO customers are now deploying the TiVo User Experience 4, with the Android TV-based IPTV version continuing to expand.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Android TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Patent, Results, Set Top Box, UX
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5