Digital TV News: Tim Peters
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences
Nov 7, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTC: LOGX) and FourthWall Media have announced the launch of a data asset combining both streaming and linear TV viewing at the household level. The new data pool can be used for analytics, audience insights and digital campaign targeting.
News categories: PeerLogix, FourthWall Media, Ray Colwell, Tim Peters, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Ittiam HEVC codec available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder
Apr 9, 2018 – Ittiam Systems has announced that it has licensed its i265 HEVC Codec to Microsoft Azure to enable video encoding services. Ittiam’s i265 HEVC Codec will be available through the Azure Media Services Premium Encoder.
News categories: Ittiam Systems, Microsoft Azure, Dirk Peters, Sudheer Sirivara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
ZCorum and FourthWall Media partner on cable STB diagnostics
Oct 3, 2017 – ZCorum and FourthWall Media have announced that they have formed a strategic initiative to deliver set-top box diagnostics to cable providers looking for ways to increase efficiency and reduce operational costs in their video operation.
News categories: ZCorum, FourthWall Media, Carlos Bustamante, Julie Compann, Mike Israel, Tim Peters, Cable TV, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, USA
Dolby and Netflix offer combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision streaming experience
Jun 28, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) has announced that Netflix is to deliver the first combined Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision HDR streaming experience to consumers around the world. Netflix members will soon be able to experience Okja, the Netflix Original Film, in both formats.
News categories: Dolby, Netflix, Giles Baker, Greg Peters, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix launches its service globally
Jan 6, 2016 – Netflix has launched its service globally, simultaneously bringing its Internet TV network to more than 130 new countries around the world. The company made the announcement -- and the service went live -- at CES 2016.
News categories: Netflix, Reed Hastings, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
End of analogue TV era as switchover completes in the UK
Oct 24, 2012 – The UK has ended analogue broadcasting with the completion of digital television switchover. Switchover has boosted digital terrestrial TV coverage for 10 million viewers in reception blackspots and cleared airwaves for new uses.
News categories: Digital UK, Digital TV, Terrestrial, UK
Dolby and Philips Unveil 3D HD Format Capable of Bringing Full HD 3D to Glasses-Free 3D Devices
Apr 12, 2012 – Dolby (NYSE: DLB) and Philips (NYSE: PHG; AEX: PHI) have unveiled Dolby® 3D, a 3D HD format and suite of technologies designed to deliver full HD 3D content to 3D-enabled devices, including glasses-free displays.
News categories: Dolby, Philips, NABShow, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, VR
Netflix Brings TV Shows and Movies to PlayStation® Vita
Feb 22, 2012 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has announced immediate availability of Netflix on PlayStation® Vita (PS Vita). PS Vita can stream TV shows and movies from Netflix in high quality on its 5-inch multi-touch display via Wi-Fi.
News categories: Netflix, PlayStation, Canada, Digital TV, Games Console, Latin America, OTT, Portable, USA
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?