Digital TV News: Tim Warren
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic's Video SaaS integrated with Verimatrix' content distribution platform
Sep 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced the integration of Verimatrix' Viewthority content distribution platform with Harmonic's VOS®360 Video SaaS. The combination simplifies the delivery of live and VOD content, resulting in increased cost savings.
News categories: Harmonic, Verimatrix, Tim Warren, Petr Peterka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Harmonic provides technology for industry-first ATSC 3.0 test bed
Mar 27, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced its participation in the Phoenix Model Market Initiative, the first collaborative single-market effort to implement ATSC 3.0. Harmonic will provide its ATSC 3.0 media processor and a DASH packager.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, Tim Warren, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA