Digital TV News: Tim Warren
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic's Video SaaS integrated with Verimatrix' content distribution platform
Sep 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced the integration of Verimatrix' Viewthority content distribution platform with Harmonic's VOS®360 Video SaaS. The combination simplifies the delivery of live and VOD content, resulting in increased cost savings.
News categories: Harmonic, Verimatrix, Tim Warren, Petr Peterka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Harmonic provides technology for industry-first ATSC 3.0 test bed
Mar 27, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced its participation in the Phoenix Model Market Initiative, the first collaborative single-market effort to implement ATSC 3.0. Harmonic will provide its ATSC 3.0 media processor and a DASH packager.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, Tim Warren, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year