Digital TV News: Tim Warren
Harmonic and Sony demonstrate ATSC 3.0 hybrid service delivery at NAB Show 2019
Apr 7, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Sony have announced a demonstration at the 2019 NAB Show of advanced, hybrid ATSC 3.0 functionality. Harmonic's SaaS delivers both the OTA and OTT components of hybrid services that run on advanced TV software developed by Sony.
News categories: Harmonic, Sony Electronics, Tim Warren, Jason Clement, Kyle Walker, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Smart TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic's Video SaaS integrated with Verimatrix' content distribution platform
Sep 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced the integration of Verimatrix' Viewthority content distribution platform with Harmonic's VOS®360 Video SaaS. The combination simplifies the delivery of live and VOD content, resulting in increased cost savings.
News categories: Harmonic, Verimatrix, Tim Warren, Petr Peterka, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Worldwide
Vidgo chooses Harmonic to power next-generation OTT services
Apr 8, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Vidgo will launch its next-generation OTT services powered by the Harmonic VOS media processing platform. Vidgo is set to introduce its OTT services for the United States market later this year.
News categories: Harmonic, Vidgo, Tim Warren, Shane Cannon, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Harmonic provides technology for industry-first ATSC 3.0 test bed
Mar 27, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced its participation in the Phoenix Model Market Initiative, the first collaborative single-market effort to implement ATSC 3.0. Harmonic will provide its ATSC 3.0 media processor and a DASH packager.
News categories: Harmonic, Pearl TV, Tim Warren, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020