Digital TV News: Time Warner
Frontier Communications signs up to Energy-Efficiency Voluntary Agreements
Nov 27, 2017 – Frontier Communications has joined as a signatory of two voluntary agreements to continue the ongoing improvement of the energy efficiency of its set-top boxes, as well as modems and routers used for broadband Internet services.
News categories: Frontier Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
Nov 20, 2017 – The U.S. Department of Justice has filed a civil antitrust lawsuit to block AT&T/DIRECTV’s proposed acquisition of Time Warner, saying that the deal would substantially lessen competition resulting in higher prices and less innovation.
News categories: Department of Justice, AT&T, Time Warner, Digital TV, IPTV, Regulation, Satellite, USA
Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
Oct 18, 2017 – Brazil’s antitrust authority, the Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica (CADE) has approved AT&T’s pending acquisition of Time Warner. CADE’s approval does not require the sale or divestiture of any AT&T or Time Warner assets.
News categories: AT&T, Conselho Administrativo de Defesa Econômica, David McAtee, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Regulation
Savings from U.S. STB energy agreement top $2 billion
Aug 2, 2017 – Consumers saved approximately $941 million in energy costs in 2016 – and almost $2.1 billion over the last four years – as a result of the voluntary set-top box energy conservation agreement among U.S. pay-TV providers, manufacturers and energy efficiency advocates.
News categories: ACEEE, D+R International, Jennifer Thorne Amann, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Turner Brasil using Witbe to monitor its OTT streams
Jul 25, 2017 – Witbe (Euronext Growth – FR0013143872 – ALWIT) and its Brazilian partner SDC Engenharia, have been selected by Turner Brasil to test and control the performance, availability and integrity of their OTT streams.
News categories: Witbe, Turner Brasil, SDC, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Flavio Menna, Brazil, Digital TV, OTT, QoE
Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
Jun 19, 2017 – Time Warner and Snap have announced a global partnership to invest in content and ads. As part of the deal, Time Warner will develop and produce Shows for Snapchat from across its networks and entertainment companies.
News categories: Time Warner, Snap Inc, Gary Ginsberg, Nick Bell, Digital TV, Worldwide
Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
Jun 19, 2017 – Samba TV has announced that it has secured $30 million in Series B financing. Samba TV will use the funding to expand operations internationally and launch a variety of transformative products in the media and advertising industry.
News categories: Samba TV, Union Grove Venture Partners, Ashwin Navin, Greg Bohlen, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Venture Capital, Worldwide
comScore expands partnership with Charter Communications
May 31, 2017 – comScore has announced an agreement with Charter Communications to expand its integration of Charter’s aggregated and anonymized television data from all U.S. markets into comScore's TV measurement service.
News categories: comScore, Charter Communications, Gian Fulgoni, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Hulu signs up A+E Networks for upcoming live TV streaming service
Mar 10, 2017 – Hulu and A+E Networks have announced an affiliate agreement that will bring all six original brands from the A+E Networks Family to Hulu’s new live TV streaming service, set to launch this spring.
News categories: Hulu, A+E Networks, Mike Hopkins, Nancy Dubuc, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- African SVOD subscribers to more than quadruple
- Bitmovin releases 2020/2021 Video Developer Report
- Zapi OTT pay TV service launches in Spain with Mirada
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx