Digital TV News: Tom Cullen
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
DISH Network Agrees to Acquire Blockbuster Assets
Apr 6, 2011 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that it was selected as the winning bidder in the bankruptcy court auction for substantially all of the assets of Blockbuster. DISH Network's winning bid was valued at approximately $320 million.
News categories: DISH Network, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Satellite, USA
DISH Network First to Offer 200 National HD Channels in the U.S.
Apr 19, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has become the first and only company to offer 200 national high definition channels.
News categories: DISH Network, DVR, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
DISH Network Launches New Satellite to Expand Industry's Largest HD Offering
Mar 21, 2010 – DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the successful launch of its latest satellite, EchoStar XIV. EchoStar XIV allows DISH Network to continue expanding the largest high definition offering in the U.S.
News categories: DISH Network, Content Distribution, Satellite, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0