Digital TV News: Tom Munro
Inside Secure to acquire Verimatrix
Dec 5, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris: INSD) has entered into an exclusivity agreement to acquire Verimatrix. The transaction will lead to the creation of a powerhouse in software-based security with significant penetration of the entertainment market.
News categories: Inside Secure, Verimatrix, Amedeo D'Angelo, Tom Munro, Big Data, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Verimatrix offers platform-as-a-service content distribution platform
Sep 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has unveiled Viewthority, a content distribution platform that provides enhanced connectivity between content providers and video service operators. The innovative approach, delivered as a platform-as-a-service (PaaS), streamlines end-to-end workflows and automates video analytics reporting.
News categories: Verimatrix, Mediamorph, Tom Munro, Rob Gardos, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Verimatrix acquires data collection technology team from Genius Digital
Jun 23, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of the MiriMON technology and development team from Genius Digital. The client device data collection technology has already been integrated within the Verimatrix Verspective Operator Analytics solution suite and ViewRight Ultra downloadable app packages.
News categories: Verimatrix, Genius Digital, Tom Munro, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
TiVo and Verimatrix Partner to Enable MultiScreen Services With Single Security Authority
Sep 5, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that will enable operators to provide an integrated video experience for their subscribers while protecting revenue streams through the security features of Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™).
News categories: Verimatrix, TiVo Inc, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Verimatrix Licenses Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall™ Security Technology
Sep 1, 2011 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) and Verimatrix have announced that Verimatrix has licensed Cryptography Research's CryptoFirewall™ security core technology to help build advanced solutions protecting video delivery revenue streams.
News categories: Cryptography Research, Verimatrix, Content Protection, Silicon IP
Verimatrix Reinforces and Expands DVB Conditional Access Capability with Acquisition of Comvenient
Mar 31, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of Comvenient GmbH. Verimatrix and Comvenient have been long-term partners in the development of the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB security solution.
News categories: Verimatrix, Conditional Access, MnA
RCDb and Verimatrix Partner to Secure Premium Video Distribution to Internet-Connected Blu-ray Players
Sep 13, 2010 – Verimatrix and Related Content Database (RCDb) have unveiled at IBC2010 the first licensable solution for securing premium video content for over the top (OTT) distribution to Internet connected Blu-ray players.
News categories: Verimatrix, RCDb, Blu-ray, Content Protection, IBC2019, OTT
Verimatrix Consolidates Its Commanding Lead as the Global Market Leader in IPTV Content Protection
Sep 9, 2008 – Verimatrix is proud to retain its number one position as the most widely-deployed IPTV content protection provider. MRG released its semi-annual IPTV Market Leader Report where Verimatrix reconfirmed its strong position in each global region.
News categories: Verimatrix, MRG, Conditional Access, Content Protection, IPTV, Market Research
Verimatrix Broadens Leadership Position as Global Number One in IPTV Content Security
Apr 3, 2008 – Verimatrix is proud to announce that it has been confirmed as the global leader of IPTV content security for the fourth consecutive reporting period.
News categories: Verimatrix, MRG, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs