Digital TV News: Tom Weiss
Kaltura and Dativa to jointly develop Cloud TV data lake
Apr 9, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with Dativa to develop the industry’s first data lake dedicated to Cloud TV services. The infrastructure will give TV marketers using the Kaltura TV Platform fast time to insights and the ability to act on those insights.
News categories: Kaltura, Dativa, Shay David, Tom Weiss, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
Feb 15, 2018 – Inscape has announced that it has selected Dativa as a preferred professional services partner. Dativa is a data-centric professional services company that helps customers with onboarding, modeling or transforming data, and application construction.
News categories: Dativa, Inscape, Michael Collette, Jodie McAfee, Big Data, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verimatrix acquires data collection technology team from Genius Digital
Jun 23, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of the MiriMON technology and development team from Genius Digital. The client device data collection technology has already been integrated within the Verimatrix Verspective Operator Analytics solution suite and ViewRight Ultra downloadable app packages.
News categories: Verimatrix, Genius Digital, Tom Munro, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
Paywizard and Genius Digital join forces to deliver pay TV customer insights
Apr 5, 2017 – Paywizard and Genius Digital have announced a partnership that combines Genius Digital’s access to data on consumer viewing habits, with Paywizard’s data on subscriber decision-making and transactional behaviour.
News categories: Paywizard, Genius Digital, Bhavesh Vaghela, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Genius Digital to provide audience analytics for Malaysia's Astro
Mar 23, 2016 – Genius Digital has announced that it has been deployed by leading Malaysian media broadcaster, Astro, to provide real-time audience behaviour data to enable the operator to deliver more compelling and profitable TV services.
News categories: Genius Digital, Astro, Tom Weiss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC2020, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region