Digital TV News: Tom Weiss
Kaltura and Dativa to jointly develop Cloud TV data lake
Apr 9, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with Dativa to develop the industry’s first data lake dedicated to Cloud TV services. The infrastructure will give TV marketers using the Kaltura TV Platform fast time to insights and the ability to act on those insights.
News categories: Kaltura, Dativa, Shay David, Tom Weiss, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
Feb 15, 2018 – Inscape has announced that it has selected Dativa as a preferred professional services partner. Dativa is a data-centric professional services company that helps customers with onboarding, modeling or transforming data, and application construction.
News categories: Dativa, Inscape, Michael Collette, Jodie McAfee, Big Data, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verimatrix acquires data collection technology team from Genius Digital
Jun 23, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of the MiriMON technology and development team from Genius Digital. The client device data collection technology has already been integrated within the Verimatrix Verspective Operator Analytics solution suite and ViewRight Ultra downloadable app packages.
News categories: Verimatrix, Genius Digital, Tom Munro, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
Paywizard and Genius Digital join forces to deliver pay TV customer insights
Apr 5, 2017 – Paywizard and Genius Digital have announced a partnership that combines Genius Digital’s access to data on consumer viewing habits, with Paywizard’s data on subscriber decision-making and transactional behaviour.
News categories: Paywizard, Genius Digital, Bhavesh Vaghela, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Genius Digital to provide audience analytics for Malaysia's Astro
Mar 23, 2016 – Genius Digital has announced that it has been deployed by leading Malaysian media broadcaster, Astro, to provide real-time audience behaviour data to enable the operator to deliver more compelling and profitable TV services.
News categories: Genius Digital, Astro, Tom Weiss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto