Digital TV News: Tom Weiss
Kaltura and Dativa to jointly develop Cloud TV data lake
Apr 9, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that it has partnered with Dativa to develop the industry’s first data lake dedicated to Cloud TV services. The infrastructure will give TV marketers using the Kaltura TV Platform fast time to insights and the ability to act on those insights.
News categories: Kaltura, Dativa, Shay David, Tom Weiss, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Worldwide
Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
Feb 15, 2018 – Inscape has announced that it has selected Dativa as a preferred professional services partner. Dativa is a data-centric professional services company that helps customers with onboarding, modeling or transforming data, and application construction.
News categories: Dativa, Inscape, Michael Collette, Jodie McAfee, Big Data, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verimatrix acquires data collection technology team from Genius Digital
Jun 23, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced the acquisition of the MiriMON technology and development team from Genius Digital. The client device data collection technology has already been integrated within the Verimatrix Verspective Operator Analytics solution suite and ViewRight Ultra downloadable app packages.
News categories: Verimatrix, Genius Digital, Tom Munro, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
Paywizard and Genius Digital join forces to deliver pay TV customer insights
Apr 5, 2017 – Paywizard and Genius Digital have announced a partnership that combines Genius Digital’s access to data on consumer viewing habits, with Paywizard’s data on subscriber decision-making and transactional behaviour.
News categories: Paywizard, Genius Digital, Bhavesh Vaghela, Tom Weiss, Big Data, Digital TV, NABShow, Worldwide
Genius Digital to provide audience analytics for Malaysia's Astro
Mar 23, 2016 – Genius Digital has announced that it has been deployed by leading Malaysian media broadcaster, Astro, to provide real-time audience behaviour data to enable the operator to deliver more compelling and profitable TV services.
News categories: Genius Digital, Astro, Tom Weiss, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Malaysia
TV Genius Brings Content Discovery to the Second Screen and Connected Home at IBC
Sep 7, 2011 – TV Genius has announced that it has developed partnerships with Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Marmalade. These new partnerships will enhance consumers' content discovery experience across different devices and into the connected home.
News categories: Netgem, TV Genius, Marmalade, Apps, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan