Digital TV News: Tom Rogers
TiVo and Pace Announce Global Partnership
Feb 22, 2012 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Pace (LSE: PIC) have announced plans to port TiVo's software to Pace's set-top boxes and gateways. Pace has licensed TiVo's Hardware Porting Kit and will work with TiVo to build a TiVo-verified platform.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Pace plc, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box
TiVo Research Shows OTT and Recorded TV Surpassing Live TV
Jan 11, 2012 – As consumer television viewing habits continue to shift, TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released research showing that the consumption of recorded television and Internet-delivered programming is quickly surpassing live TV viewership.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial
TiVo and Comcast Team Up to Offer First Retail Cable DVR That Delivers Linear TV, Broadband Content and Xfinity On Demand From One Box
May 9, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) have announced that they have entered into an agreement to enable access to Comcast's robust library of Xfinity TV On Demand content on TiVo Premiere set-top boxes sold at retail.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo, DISH Network and EchoStar Announce Half-Billion Dollar Settlement of Patent Litigation
May 2, 2011 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO), DISH Network (NASDAQ:DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ:SATS) have announced that they have settled all of their ongoing patent litigation. Under the terms of the settlement, DISH Network and EchoStar agreed to pay TiVo $500 million.
News categories: TiVo Inc, DISH Network, EchoStar, DVR, Patent, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Charter Announces Next Generation TV Strategy With TiVo
Jan 24, 2011 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that Charter and TiVo have finalized an agreement for TiVo's user interface to be used on Charter's next generation hybrid cable/IP platform.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Charter, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo and Telenor's Canal Digital to Bring the TiVo Revolution to Scandinavia
Nov 19, 2010 – Canal Digital and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced the start of a strategic alliance which will see TiVo products introduced as the premier consumer experience for Canal Digital DTH customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Telenor, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, Finland, Middleware, Norway, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sweden
Cox Communications to Promote TiVo Premiere With Cox VOD Service to Its Subscribers
Aug 12, 2010 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Cox Communications have announced that they have entered into an agreement whereby the two companies will offer TiVo Premiere with integrated Cox On DEMAND service to Cox subscribers.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cox Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Suddenlink and TiVo Announce Strategic Distribution Agreement
Jul 8, 2010 – Suddenlink Communications and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have entered into a strategic relationship for Suddenlink to distribute co-branded, TiVo Premiere DVRs as well as non-DVR set-top boxes.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Suddenlink, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, USA
ONO Partners With TiVo to Develop Next Generation TV in Spain
Jun 30, 2010 – ONO and TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) have announced that they have signed an agreement to deploy 'next generation TV' in Spain. With TiVo's television user experience ONO will be able to offer a seamless convergence between internet and TV content.
News categories: Tivo Inc, Grupo Corporativo ONO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution